Cox Custom Fabrication | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cox Custom Fabrication

TK4

Introducing ‘Cox Custom Fabrication’
It’s often said that when a door closes, a window opens. Members of the motorcycle racing community were saddened in December to hear of the death of Denis Curtis, founder of CMR Racing Products. The company that Denis founded in 2009 went on to create an international reputation for race frames, accessories and service. The company was dissolved as planned by Denis’ widow on June 30, 2021. That was the door closing.
And the window opening? On July 1, 2021 Byron Cox opened Cox Custom Fabrication in the same Trenton location that CMR had occupied for many years, Unit 99, Building 8, 25 Frankford Crescent, Trenton. Many readers will have walked through that door, and left impressed with what is available in their own community.
Denis attributed much of his success to his luck in hiring Byron Cox, a very gifted welder and fabricator. Byron is a graduate of Loyalist College’s CWB-based welding course, and brings creativity and a can-do attitude to the work. He is an exceptional TIG welder in aluminum, stainless steel and chromoly; customers always commented on his perfect welds. Byron and Denis worked as partners for eleven years. During that time Den “taught him all he knew” and Byron added his skills, his work ethic, his enthusiasm and his great personality to the mix.
Byron Cox’s new company will provide most of the same services as CMR – building frames, constructing aluminum tanks, seats and fenders, assembling exhaust systems. Having CMR’s jigs and fixtures, patterns and assembly instructions in the shop means that Byron can replicate any frame the duo created over eleven years, including podium finishers in Australia, England and Europe, Canada and the United States. Frame and tank repairs, general and technical welding and race prep are all provided by Cox Custom Fabrication – “no job too big or too small.”
Byron and Cox Custom Fabrication have a great future. Not only are there orders in the book already, and customers glad to see the new business shaping up, but Byron also has a solid team behind him. Byron’s wife Kristin is a welder too (“better than me,” he always says), daughter Morgan and son Oliver are right behind him.
Contact Byron at Cox Custom Fabrication: 613-921-5505, or at byroncox251@gmail.com. ‘Find us on Instagram!’ A website is coming soon; the CMR Racing Products website will remain active for some time, with links to Byron and Cox Custom Fabrication.

Sounds like a feature article for "inside motorcycles".

And they're having an meet and greet open house and garage sale July 17-18

I have already picked over the GOOD stuff...
but there is still at LEAST one lowboy TZ frame. I got the last TR frame.

And they're having an meet and greet open house and garage sale July 17-18

I have already picked over the GOOD stuff...
but there is still at LEAST one lowboy TZ frame. I got the last TR frame.
I first met Denis Curtis in 1975 in Vancouver, what a complete craftsman. I have confidence the new folks will do just fine.

Back
Top Bottom