Coolant Suggestions | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coolant Suggestions

ken21

Site Supporter
Going to be doing a coolant flush on my SV within the next couple of days and I'm just looking for any suggestions on coolant that gets the job done for a decent price. Would something like Prestone Premixed be suffice or should I lean towards a motorcycle specific coolant?

You looking for something to do the flush or coolant to leave in it? For the flush it would be difficult to beat distilled water, for the coolant you should refer to your owners manual, some bikes require a very specific type of coolant.

You looking for something to do the flush or coolant to leave in it? For the flush it would be difficult to beat distilled water, for the coolant you should refer to your owners manual, some bikes require a very specific type of coolant.
Coolant, the manual states just to use a 50/50 mix of distilled water and ethylene glycol anti freeze so I'm just curious as to what brands people stand by. Reading up on the matter is just a back and forth with some saying to use the same as you would in a car and others to use brands like engine ice.

I use it in all my bikes, meets all the requirements like no silica, HOAT formulation, made for aluminum etc...

I use it in all my bikes, meets all the requirements like no silica, HOAT formulation, made for aluminum etc...
Perfect, appreciate the help.

+1 for Honda Type 2. I flushed my Street Triple with it last season - no issues.
Yup, gonna pick some up on the way home from work.

and while it can be tempting to skip the mix ratio
thinking that because it's Canada, straight anti-freeze is better, it's not
particularly for the cooling aspect, system needs water

anyone who hasn't changed their coolant and thinking about getting Prestone. Just make sure you buy the premix, the jugs all kinda look the same.
You know coolant is highly poisonous. Keep kids and pets away. clean up any spills right away and get rid of old coolant asap

and while it can be tempting to skip the mix ratio
thinking that because it's Canada, straight anti-freeze is better, it's not
particularly for the cooling aspect, system needs water
anyone who hasn't changed their coolant and thinking about getting Prestone. Just make sure you buy the premix, the jugs all kinda look the same.
You know coolant is highly poisonous. Keep kids and pets away. clean up any spills right away and get rid of old coolant asap
Thanks noted

I just run straight distilled water with a few drops of water wetter. Bike is in attached garage; no issues over winter.

I was at Burlington Cycle today and Honda Type 2 Coolant 4l jug was available there $20.99 so they are using it too for bikes.

Yup did the coolant change with type 2 yesterday my bikes running significantly cooler (y)

Back
Top Bottom