Construction queries | GTAMotorcycle.com

Construction queries

jc100

Hopefully this is just an isolated incident but I just got back from Ottawa to Kingston on a nice ride where I take Perth Road (highway 10) as the last step. At the beginning of the road (an 80 road) for about a mile there is inexplicably a layer of loose gravel and sand with some amateurish sign (posted a little late) saying "beware loose sand" halfway up the road. That stretch of road was recently resurfaced so I have no clue what this is. Then halfway along the twisties, where I'm having a great little ride, I round a corner and right there is a patch of gravel again that lasts about 60 feet (again, it was just resurfaced). The sign saying beware is another amateurish one, no other warnings before, no construction signs, no warnings for car traction (the slippery symbol thing). Anyway, I saw the change in the colour of the road surface as soon as I rounded the corner and hauled on the brakes before the gravel patch and then coasted over it a little faster than I would have liked. Anyway, cut to the question....is there some new contract company doing construction in Ontario or something because this was downright dangerous.

Anyway. All is good...plus, if anyone is looking for Alpinestars boots there's a few pairs in the Yamaha dealership just before Portland on Highway 15 (between Kingston and Smith's falls) going for $89, they are GP3 boots ( I think), they look to be old stock but are new boots....msrp sticker says $274. Sizes are 39-43, colours are black (size 39 only I think), black/blue (40, 41,42) and black/red (39-43). Pretty good deal if anyone is passing.

IMO I get the impression that most construction companies were started by dump truck drivers and that their attitudes have never changed. "If it doesn't hurt a dump truck it's good to go."

Back
Top Bottom