Cheap Honda key blanks $5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cheap Honda key blanks $5

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Blank honda motorcycle keys | Motorcycle Parts & Accessories | Mississauga / Peel Region | Kijiji

$_59.JPG

Picking up a couple tonight and will get them cut tomorrow.
Dealer wants $40 !!! blank.
Left my spare in Australia

Tell us where you got them cut. RONA used to cut them, notw their machine won't work with these doublesided blanks. Local locksmiths in Markham charge a $25 premium per key for Chinese blanks, they claim the chinese keys are brass plated hard steel (vs chrome plated brass) which damages their cutting blades.

Honda recommended a place in Milton near them and there is a good spot in Brampton I would have to find again. Will let you know,

That would be great -- I have a handful of Goldwing, Yamaha and Lexus 300/330 blanks that are no longer useful to me. I'll find them and server them up to whoever needs them.

I've used this guy but he's a mobile rig and only available Saturday morning for drop by last time I checked

http://www.keyworx.biz

I sent him a email t confirm drop by. He cut the key them came out and tried on the bike

I got spares for mine cut at the local Canadian tire..but it's a different looking key, so maybe a more common older style due to the year of my bike?

I always carry spares for my wifes bike on my bikes key ring, and vice versa...if we're ever travelling together and one of us loses our keys, we're not stranded.

I've been looking to get a spare made and found an ad on ebay - it's 10 times less than what I've been quoted so far, will give em a go.

Called cyclekeysonline

I don't think it does, it's just a key with a little plastic doubt there's any room in it for a chip even lol.
I do have a metal chip tag that came with the key, has letters and some numbers , guessing that could be an immobiliser code, the ad asks for one as well so I reckon they deal with it - will see what they say.

Last edited:
Stopped into recommended cutter ...no go ...it's chipped :(
The blank fits in the ignition ...
$40 for a chipped blank sucks. Then apparently $25 to cut it. Cheaper to courier my spare from Aus.

Stopped into recommended cutter ...no go ...it's chipped :(
The blank fits in the ignition ...
$40 for a chipped blank sucks. Then apparently $25 to cut it. Cheaper to courier my spare from Aus.
Thanks for the info, if you could please confirm are you saying the Kijiji keys are chipped or don't work because they aren't?

Edit: I messaged the seller and he wasn't sure if chipped, but he said it works on CBR and CBX models. Not sure if those need chip or not like my VFR.

I don't think the 2018 CB500x has the Hiss chip in North America but the info on the cbx forum is sparse.

I received the keys yesterday, fast shipping from US, ordered 2 even since they were cheap, 40 cad for both with shipping instead of 100+ for a single one, don't know why it's so expensive locally, didn't even try a quote with a Yamaha dealer.
They start the bike, although it's hard to activate the steering lock with em, might be that the ignition is old I'd guess or need to be broken in a little lol.

I received the keys yesterday, fast shipping from US, ordered 2 even since they were cheap, 40 cad for both with shipping instead of 100+ for a single one, don't know why it's so expensive locally, didn't even try a quote with a Yamaha dealer.
They start the bike, although it's hard to activate the steering lock with em, might be that the ignition is old I'd guess or need to be broken in a little lol.
Stupid question: are you a little worried that they know how your key is cut and have your address?
Or am I being paranoid?

Sent from my Purple LGG4 using Tapatalk

Stupid question: are you a little worried that they know how your key is cut and have your address?
Or am I being paranoid?

Sent from my Purple LGG4 using Tapatalk
I've got insurance and the bike isn't in an easy to take location, not much else you can do other than attach 5 chains to the wheels lol.
You wouldn't need a key to steal a bike anyways.

Back
Top Bottom