Carb vs FI | GTAMotorcycle.com

Carb vs FI

Wingboy

Site Supporter
When i bought my Beta Evo 200,i knew i needed to put a fuel filter on it. But i forgot. Took it to my daughter's place in Hamilton today to mess around.(big backyard) Beta started pissing fuel out the overflow. Arggghh!
I love this little 200, but carbs suck. Next bike will be electric.

When i bought my Beta Evo 200,i knew i needed to put a fuel filter on it. But i forgot. Took it to my daughter's place in Hamilton today to mess around.(big backyard) Beta started pissing fuel out the overflow. Arggghh!
Electric trials bikes make perfect sense, right Trials ?
Hello, Trials ????

For a hot minute, I contemplated getting an electric dirtbike - the KTM Freeride E-XC. Then I found out it has a 11.5 mile range per charge.

Yeaaaah.... no.
When did you look at it? 7 yrs ago the EM5.7 used about 70% to finish a trial. The 2022 version is greatly improved. It will use about 25%.

I had fun with the Yamaha i gave my daughter years ago tho.Can't wait to get my little grandaughter on two.

Electric trials bikes make perfect sense, right Trials ?
Hello, Trials ????

Yes, you should get a trials bike, Trials would tell you.

What ever happened to Trials? Fairly active member and no posts since March 2021?

Yes, you should get a trials bike, Trials would tell you.

What ever happened to Trials? Fairly active member and no posts since March 2021?
I think it was a case of being easily offended or ****** off by another member who didn't see eye to eye so he disappeared.

I was not involved , so correct me if I'm wrong.

He was told that he needed to apologize to me for falsely accusing me of bringing an unlicensed rider to his trial in Arden.
I have never been to his place and never met him.
I would like to meet him someday and enlighten him.

He was told that he needed to apologize to me for falsely accusing me of bringing an unlicensed rider to his trial in Arden.
I have never been to his place and never met him.
I would like to meet him someday and enlighten him.
Enlighten him how exactly, does it involve a large stick ?

So the title of this thread should be “carb or gas vs electric”. Lol

Kidding!

For trails, I think electric is great. For road machines, FI as fuel mapping/programming can bring the best performance etc.

Carbs are like home phones. They do the job but, are limited and very few know how they work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely not. I would honestly like to shake his hand and move on.
I don't believe in burning bridges.
He had a wealth of knowledge. It's ashame that he took the approach he did. Are you going to do his trial? He ran one this year didn't he?

He had a wealth of knowledge. It's ashame that he took the approach he did. Are you going to do his trial? He ran one this year didn't he?
I have no reason to join the CMA. Might take the Tenere up and spectate someday.

I agree with the comments on the benefits of FI, but the best fueled bike I have ever owned was an earlier R6 with an Ivan's Performance jet kit in it.

Fixt it.Tiny bit of fuzzy crap on the float needle.Keihin carb is a ***** to get the bowl back on tho with my shakey hands. Bent the float tab on the first try. Bent it too far on the second try. Got it just right on the third. Lol.
Starts and runs great now. Inline fuel filter installed.

Attachments

• 20220826_150402.jpg
    20220826_150402.jpg
    694.6 KB · Views: 11

Back
Top Bottom