Can anyone recommend a mechanic for 2 stroke scooters? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Can anyone recommend a mechanic for 2 stroke scooters?

Braden

Hey, Super niche here but I have a little two stroke that's had a lot of work done, BBK, transmission, intake, exhaust, everything. I cannot get the carb dialed for the life of me and have been trying to locate someone in Toronto to help but can't seem to find any mechanic that will look at it. Just curious if anyone on here knows of anyone in Toronto with this kind of experience?

Thanks in advance!

Why not just put a new carb on it, they are probably readily available & cheap.
;) You don't need to be much of a mechanic to replace parts, just handy with hand tools.
take pictures of everything you take apart.
does it have reed valves?

Hey, Super niche here but I have a little two stroke that's had a lot of work done, BBK, transmission, intake, exhaust, everything. I cannot get the carb dialed for the life of me and have been trying to locate someone in Toronto to help but can't seem to find any mechanic that will look at it. Just curious if anyone on here knows of anyone in Toronto with this kind of experience?

Thanks in advance!
If you are looking for a shop, take it in to either Studio Cycle in the junction or Fada Scooter on Gerrard.
Either location is a great shop.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Why not just put a new carb on it, they are probably readily available & cheap.
;) You don't need to be much of a mechanic to replace parts, just handy with hand tools.
take pictures of everything you take apart.
does it have reed valves?

The carbs brand new, Need to sort out the jetting to match the custom intake / engine / exhaust set up and that's what I'm having trouble with.

I would be looking for shops that specialize in working on dirt bikes. D4 performance in Cambridge, Bondi engines and a handful of others. Those type of guys are going to be the only ones still messing around with carbs for the most part.

I would be looking for shops that specialize in working on dirt bikes. D4 performance in Cambridge, Bondi engines and a handful of others. Those type of guys are going to be the only ones still messing around with carbs for the most part.
Well studio cycles are now the dealer for Husqvarna. They work on all kinds of bikes.

The carbs brand new, Need to sort out the jetting to match the custom intake / engine / exhaust set up and that's what I'm having trouble with.
That's a completely different situation, what is it doing ?
running too lean in low end bad idle stalling on deceleration and eating fuel like crazy at top speed ?
do you know the carburetor model #?

... did you put an expansion chamber on a scooter ? :LOL:

Well studio cycles are now the dealer for Husqvarna. They work on all kinds of bikes.

Yeah, I doubt they are changing the jetting on a bunch of new Husky’s though. If they did they would probably be making a small change going by the chart provided in the manual.

I know from talking to and watching the vintage mx guys at the track that small cc modified engines are not easy to jet at all. Which is why I recommended finding a shop that builds small cc high strung 2 strokes.

But if Studio says they can do it then bonus for the OP. It’s worth a call.

About like souping up a chainsaw, not so hard if you only ride at WOT and idle.
Exhaust changes are major to a 2-stroke power curve, if the exhaust isn't right the carb might never work right.

That's a completely different situation, what is it doing ?
running too lean in low end bad idle stalling on deceleration and eating fuel like crazy at top speed ?
do you know the carburetor model #?

... did you put an expansion chamber on a scooter ? :LOL:

Haha, it is pretty tricked out If I'd say so. It's got an arrow exhaust with expansion chamber.

Running a 21mm OKO PWK Carb, I have a 24 aswell but I think the powerjet was messing me up, Plus I think the 21 is a better size for the job anyways. Right now it sputtering in the mid range and bogging out in WOT, I think I have every jet a needle available for this carb so I've been poking away but its literally been months without this thing really moving.

Is it running good enough to do a plug read, when it bogs out at high end is it making your plugs wet or hot? also what about fuel flow rate and level in the carb.

And I'm not familiar with the carb make but be aware that on some carbs the low speed screw is a fuel screw instead of an air screw so that really messes with your logic.

I'd go with Studio Cycle. They used to do a lot of high strung small displacement two strokes when they were carrying KYMCO scooters. Now they're a Husqy dealer and Dave's been on dirt bikes his whole life.
Full disclosure, I used to work there for a few years when I was fresh out of school and I turned out mostly alright.

What is it? I have a little 2T yamy vino 50, now 70bbk, pipe and variator.

There's a bunch of scooter forums, that's where I'd look for jetting info.

If it's bogging from mid to full throttle I'd say your main jet is too big but you'll have to do a proper plug chop to know for sure.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom