Bought in Quebec a motorcycle and register in ontario | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bought in Quebec a motorcycle and register in ontario

You shipped it without the paperwork in order?

Short of greasing palms at the receiving end, if this is possible, I think you just lit a bunch of cash on fire.
We'll see. The document in question is really not that huge. They just need confirmed that it's not registered here, anymore. How problematic can that be.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Did you register the vehicle (either in Ontario or Quebec) before you shipped it?

Normally when you sell a vehicle, you contact the MTO to have the ownership removed from your driver's license. However, I don't think this is what they are asking because the vehicle still is in the MTO registry, just not under your name.

I think what they are looking for is an export document. If you are not the registered owner, this is going to be a difficult task.
Export document saying what? I have the bill of lading from the shipping company. We will see what the MTO and Service Ontario says .

Fingers crossed :)

So one thing I'm missing and is needed to register the bike is some kind of a confirmation that the bike was "signed off" from Canada , meaning it's not registered in Canada anymore.

So I'm just wondering what to ask in service Ontario or rather service Quebec in order to prove the authorities in my countrie that the bike was unregistered from Canada.

If you had gone through the vehicle export process, you would have exactly what you need. I haven't exported anything from Canada, but for the US, they stamp the title as proof that you are the rightful owner and are legally taking the bike out of the country. It also confirms there are no liens left on the vehicle. Without that stamp, Canada may or may not let you import it. There was a time 20 years ago when Canada didn't care, but they've been cracking down on it now, so other countries are probably doing the same as well.

So the battle begins...
Hope you are able to sort this out fairly easily.
Happy to say I got my plates and everything is done now. The bike is fully registered and in my name. Happyyyyyy man. It paid off but I was really lucky since I had help from people that are in the industry and helped me get the right papers

Happy to say I got my plates and everything is done now. The bike is fully registered and in my name. Happyyyyyy man. It paid off but I was really lucky since I had help from people that are in the industry and helped me get the right papers

Give us some more detail.
Total cost.
Obstacles you faced and how you were able to manage through them

You've got me very curious now.

What kind of bike is it that it would be worth buying from another province, paying to transport it to Ontario, paying to crate and ship it across the ocean to Europe and then paying the import taxes on the other side? Rather than just buying the same bike in Europe?

I am assuming it's a model that isn't sold over there, and not your run-of-the-mill SV650?

Depends on where in Europe I'm guessing.

I'm told in Italy I would have to apply for residency to buy a vehicle there. Even being a property owner, and citizen, isn't enough. You would have to go there, stay there long enough to get the residency (can take a month or more as a citizen), then get the papers, then go to buy a vehicle. Really extends the vacation quite a bit lol

Give us some more detail.
Total cost.
Obstacles you faced and how you were able to manage through them

Ok. So my situation is a little bit unique as I did not pay anything for shipping it as my in laws paid for a full container because they were moving all of their stuff to Europe (relocating).
Here I bought it from a super guy in Quebec that was so nice. First he sold me a 2013 zx6r for 4500$ which is really low. The bike is , confirmed by a mechanic, in a perfect state.
What they wanted back home is the translated version of the contract notarized.
They needed a copy of his drivers license. I paid import fees and tax on the value on the contract.

The problem arrised when they asked for a paper which was confirming that the bike was signed off from Canada. I contacted the guy and he went to SAAQ and somehow they gave him a doc which states that the bike is unregistered for the purpose of export. That's it.

Back
Top Bottom