bobcaygeon | GTAMotorcycle.com

bobcaygeon

Just posted in the hazards section...was up that way today for work and there was major construction on county rd 8 between Fenelon Falls and Bobcaygeon. Long section of dirt with one lane traffic and they were repaving. Might be done by the weekend but I would come in from the south if possible.

Yup, as of last night they are expecting 14,000 (don't know if that's bikes or people) and 120+ vendors. Places are clearing out extended parking spaces and finishing up the patio bars as fast as they can. I'll be riding through the whole mess to get to Buckhorn for a meeting, which is exactly what happened last year but that was only 1,500 bikes at peak.
On Sunday I'd say the equipment will be off to the side of County 8. What you'd get is brief patches of gravel where the asphalt is scraped off, and there was a stretch of a few kilometers nearer Bobcaygeon that is scraped off.
Getting dirty is a sure thing, otherwise I'd ride it.

From Lindsay to the south you could come up 36 or take another few minutes and use 17 Pigeon Lake Rd. for a great view of Pigeon Lake at the high point, and two left bends you can dive into.

Well I went out to Bobcaygeon Bike Fest today. It was definitly bigger than last year. More vendors selling the usual stuff (cheap cowboy hats and Sons of Anarchy t's), and lots of temporary patios and some small tents with bands playing. A lot more bikes than last year too. I guess being the second year and being 10c warmer than last year helped! I could count the non-cruiser bikes on my hands though. My Bandit really stuck out. I noticed 1 other Bandit, 2 Vstroms, a KTM RC8, a ZX9, and a Triumph Speed triple.

I stayed about an hour, saw everything there was to see, bought an official patch for my collection and then hit the road. Was lucky enough to make it home before the rain really hit. Only got a sprinkling on the way home.

I was there when it started to rain. Very nice town , but since it was raining it was pretty empty around 3-4 o'clock already. To bad. It is really nice place.

Back
Top Bottom