Bike won't start after winterizing | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike won't start after winterizing

I don't usualt leave it connected to the charger for long periods of time. I would just plug the charger in every other weekend for 4-5H to keep the battery topped up.

This is the charger:
View attachment 60974

Took it off the charger and tried again just now.

Voltage pre-start attempt:
View attachment 60975
And the voltage right after a failed start:
View attachment 60976

Very sure the battery is toast.
holy crap. That's bad. It shouldn't drop that low even when actively cranking yet alone after. Now, I have recovered some batteries using a magic chinesium tool. I would probably just buy a new battery though. The tester I have is a Konnwei KW510 which somehow gives you CCA rating without a load test but it agrees quite well with the old heater tester. The Konnwei can also restore batteries and test again. In my experience that brought back a few batteries that my more reputable charger/restorers (Ctek and Noco) couldn't improve.

holy crap. That's bad. It shouldn't drop that low even when actively cranking yet alone after. Now, I have recovered some batteries using a magic chinesium tool. I would probably just buy a new battery though. The tester I have is a Konnwei KW510 which somehow gives you CCA rating without a load test but it agrees quite well with the old heater tester. The Konnwei can also restore batteries and test again. In my experience that brought back a few batteries that my more reputable charger/restorers (Ctek and Noco) couldn't improve.

And on that occasion, I have put my questionable photoshop skills to use:

parts_store.jpg

for storage..
gas tank full so it doesn't rust inside.
carbs drained so they don't gum up.
trickle charge battery minimum once/month. replace if/when necessary.
vroom vroom.

Last edited:
gas tank full so it doesn't rust inside.
Even though I do this too you're better off to drain the tank. Water can separate from the gas, puddle in the bottom and rust the tank that way.

Terminal voltage you're showing during cranking is too low. Yes, it is indicating a ruined battery. Confirm it by taking the battery to a Canadian Tire store and they will be able to load test it for free.

Back
Top Bottom