Bike gets stolen, and then found 2 weeks later, what could go wrong!? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike gets stolen, and then found 2 weeks later, what could go wrong!?

LePhillou

Site Supporter
So my motorcycle got stolen from my underground garage on the 16th overnight. No cameras, just gone. Reported it on the saturday when i realized it, and went put the claim through insurance etc.

I was sad, it was my first motorcycle after all, had tons of memories and what not..but wtv, i put it behind me and was looking forward to the settlement.
Fast forward to Friday, i was supposed to get the amount of my settlement and i got a call from a private number... it was the OPP saying the bike had been found, 2 hours north of here. It's in one piece but mangled according to their description so i don't even know if it'll be deemed total loss or repairable but it just adds more complexity to this $hit situation...

So tell me, what are you stories of stolen bikes? Any of you got lucky and recovered yours?

Many decades my buddy had his prized Honda 750 four stolen. He was heartbroken but he set out to find it after he got his settlement...he had a 100% identifier in the form of a frame weld so he could easily tell from a stroll by.

Fast forward 2 years and he found it. Tricked out as a track bike but the weld gave it away. Told the police, guy got charged but it took another year for the bike was returned to buddy. I do think it was more revenge than anything, that level of search, but he found it only a few blocks away.

Mangled tho....?? ..I'd be bike shopping.

Buddy had his klr stolen out of his driveway....
No insurance as it was a second bike that he wasnt riding at the time.
Reported it, but... considered it gone.

A year or so later he gets a call... police found the bike during a meth lab raid out near Stratford.

The impound fees were more than what the bike was worth... cuz....KLR.

Co worker had his DT200 stolen from his garage in 1995.OPP scanned a pickup truck at a gas station in Stratford and it came back as stolen. This was in 2008. In the back of the truck was the DT200 with the original plates on it. Perfect condition, just order. He got it back.
My cousin bought a 1970 Norton to replace his wrecked Honda 305 cafe. It was stolen from his backyard 2 weeks later even tho he had a chain thru the frame locked to cemented rebar u bolts.3 bags of cement. Cops said the thieves used a tow truck with jackets wrapped around the exhaust. They found the frame on the side of hwy400 near Barrie.Insurance got him a 71 Norton Commando. He still has it in storage. Hasn't been on the road in 40 years.

The extreme to what folks will do to steal a bike always amazed me.

Years ago I was working the rigs and renting in the old part of downtown Calgary. There were lots of thefts in that City as it was easy to exit onto the nearest highway to BC or reservation.

My room mate had a Harley that he prized. The local housing mix was quite dense with old homes, back alleys etc. One weekend we had to leave for Ft. McMurray and he chained and sandwiched his bike in his carport between the rear wall and his PU truck. When we came off a few days of shift and flew home, we noticed the the bike was removed by cutting the security chains and dragging it over the PU itself. So not only did he lose the bike, his truck had extensive damage from front to back. We figured this would have taken some time to do but wondered why no one reported it going on.

The bike's serial plate was identified at a Chop Shop in Kelowna that was raided by the local cops. It turned out the neighbour had bike connections through out the area which explained why no one reported the theft.

Back
Top Bottom