BF using my bike for M test? | GTAMotorcycle.com

BF using my bike for M test?

Benny!

Site Supporter
My bike is insured under me but he is borrowing it for the M course and test. I assume this is ok from an insurance standpoint? Is he covered if someone hits him?

My bike is insured under me but he is borrowing it for the M course and test. I assume this is ok from an insurance standpoint? Is he covered if someone hits him?
Insurance follows the vehicle, not the rider. You are within your rights to give permission to anyone with a valid license at anytime.

Although to be clear, if he causes an at fault accident on your bike, you will take the hit.

Insurance follows the vehicle, not the rider. You are within your rights to give permission to anyone with a valid license at anytime.

Although to be clear, if he causes an at fault accident on your bike, you will take the hit.
That's what I thought. thanks!

he can't live at the same address as you to be an occasional driver.
If you have the same address he must be named on the policy.

he can't live at the same address as you to be an occasional driver.
If you have the same address he must be named on the policy.

Exactly what I was going to say.

If he doesn't live at the same address as you, you're golden to loan him the bike under your insurance and peril.

If he DOES live at the same address as you he must be named on the policy otherwise he is riding uninsured and illegally.

Back
Top Bottom