Best sprocket combo for calabogie | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best sprocket combo for calabogie

basmn

Site Supporter
Going to bogie in July, what's the best sprocket combo for that track. Bike is a R6

That gearing combo will last you until you’re well into red group.
I don’t know what your riding experience/level is but even if you’re an experience track rider, take the time and learn the track and listen to the experience of the coaches.
What date(s) will you be there? I’m there July 11-12, Aug 22-23 and Sept 19-20.

I'll be there July 18th yellow grp. Just going to have fun, not looking to set a new track record

If this is your first trip to Calabogie, don't go out in the Yellow group first thing (they may not let you and require that you do the intro course first).

It's a long track with a lot of corners, a bunch of blind corners that look the same first time out. It's easy to get lost as to where you are on the track and setup for a corner that turns opposite to what you're expecting. There are little signs that tell you which way the corner goes but if you're moving at any pace, it's too late when you see the sign. There are lots of wanna be fast guys in Yellow and it can be a bit tricky if you need to check-up because the corner isn't what you expected.
Do a few sessions in green till you're comfortable that you know the track. If you're at all quick, it's easy to pass the first time riders coming off a corner onto a straight.
Don't worry a lot about gearing. (16/45 is stock?) Breaking and turn in points are probably more important than perfect gear ratios and shift points.

Do most aftermarket mufflers pass the Calabogie sound check? Wondering if I need to pick up the Db killer for my Hindle or not

Do most aftermarket mufflers pass the Calabogie sound check? Wondering if I need to pick up the Db killer for my Hindle or not

The guy running sound check this year is, um…a stickler for the rules. Rumour has it he initially failed about half the riders 2 weekends ago.
If you are at all worried your exhaust will fail, get the db killer.

Back
Top Bottom