Bad Motorcycle Shop Experiences | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bad Motorcycle Shop Experiences

Got an oil filter from Burlington Cycle at the start of last season. I was a Rhino brand filter. One I'd never heard of. After about 1000K on it it started seeping oil from the crimp....

Went to Kelly's and got a Hi-Flo one. Was cheaper and no problems with it.

I guess not a dig at the shop but at the filter....

again STURGESS CYCLE is still the worst, for sevice that is. Those idiots don't know how to treat customers never buying a bike from them again. GPBIKES on the other hand are great. dudes out there are real polite and even gave me a deal. 100$ difference from sturgess on a slip-on. only offered 10% off and I bought a brand new bike from them. stupid idiots.

For which bike? Make, model, year? It makes a difference!

Changing spark plugs on a first-generation ZX10R takes 4 - 6 hours and you have to take ALL the front fairings off and remove the upper engine mounts ....

Really? Damn I'm good...got it all done without removing any of that and it really wasn't that bad, plugs were a bit of a biatch but removing the front fairing is way worse.

In that case, 400 sounds like a rip off. Whether you consider the amount of time or their hourly rate, you should not end up with a number 400 (for oil change and spark plugs on your bike ...) when all is said and done.

I have the same bike. It takes my guys about 40 minutes to do an oil change and put new plugs in. And here in Korea they don't charge for labour :)

oil change: put pan under bike, unscrew, let drip. talk on phone for 12minutes. put screw back in and fill (if filter, remove old filter, fill with oil, screw on).

always amazed by how many people get oil changed. it's no more difficult than changing a light bulb.

Sooo true...It wouldn't be so bad if there was more to it..but I am afraid there isn't

Now you know how I feel....Lots of shops won't work on Harley's....I think kneedrager was one on this sight.

Back
Top Bottom