Backhoe allowed on the road at night? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Backhoe allowed on the road at night?

justride

In the fallen rider section, a rider collided with a backhoe. It appears the bike hit the rear of the construction vehicle at night. Details of the accident doesn't tell how the accident unfolded. But I am curious to know if the backhoe is allowed to use public roads at night.

Does it have full lighting? If yes, why not. If it didn't Oh Oh!

Yes, they can be on the road at night. My guess is the backhoe driver is in deep shite. There doesn't appear to be a slov moving reflective triangle on the hoe, nor does it seem to be lit. It's hard to say whether the crash killed the hoe's lights or they were switched off for a reason -- cops usually crashed vehicles flashers on when stopped at night. You can see they have signals flashing on everything else, even the crashed bike in this video. Motorcyclist critically injured in collision with backhoe near Port Hope | Watch News Videos Online

Crash happened at 19:13. Most of the pics are at ~22:00. Based on the pictures, I would be shocked if both the rider and backhoe operator are not partly at fault. As stated above, no triangle, strange lack of lights for the backhoe. As for the rider, not everything that is dangerous is lit up like a fire truck, we all need to ride within the limits of our lights, brakes and brains.

Lights on the hoe would be required at or after 18:15, sunset yesterday was about 18:45 so it would have been dark on a rural road.

Agree us riders need to be aware of the rise in danger rural night riding poses. A moose or deer may have been a little softer but harder to see as they don't require lights. Possibly the same outcome.

Back
Top Bottom