Awesome Customer Service at Riders Choice!!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Awesome Customer Service at Riders Choice!!!

rafiki911

Site Supporter
Was thoroughly impressed with the service I received at Riders Choice today!!!

Earlier this week I found out that I needed an other mount for my GoPro by this Sat for my dash. So I went to Vistek to get a grab bag of mounts and they were sold out. They called Henry's for me and they too were sold out. We also checked online all the other stores that sell GoPro's in Toronto and they only had the camera packages and no accessories.

So I bought the handle bar mount which I thought that I might be able to attach to my rear view mirror. I tried to attach it today but found that the angle was off by maybe 5mm and would be getting video of mostly sky. Not a total waste though cause I can use that mount on my bike.

So I check out the adds on kajiji and start calling people selling the GoPro's and see if they would be able to sell me the mount only and no luck. Start calling all the stores again to see if any mount packages came in yet.

This is where Riders Choice comes in. I call them up asking if they have any mounts and they did not have any mounts or mount packages so what do they do???? They take the one out of their display case and ask if I want that one!!! What life savers!!!

So, I get to the shop and they figure out a price for me for the one. $5 they could have charged me $10 and I still would have bought it. I had just under $4 bucks in change on me and my debit card and they told me not to worry about it and took the change!!!

Thanks so much Riders Choice. This weekend is going to be ten times better cause of you:D

Last edited:
+1.

Great place to shop. John looks after me *every* time.

I've had my beefs with the place in the past, but I still keep going back and leaving as a happy customer.

Do you think I could walk in with a roll of twoonies and walk out with a bike?

Wow did they pay you to say that? You think your service is universal for everyone that walks in?

I went there for the first time last week at 10am on a weekday and walked over to the gloves and asked the guy behind the counter and point to a pair marked at 69.99 if they are the cheapest pair. He responds with "And why do you want the cheapest?" as if everyone is just loaded with money and an idiot for not wanting to blow $200 on a pair of gloves. I wanted to erupt on the guy and tell him "Because I have no money *******" but didn't have the balls. I had to lie like a pansy and say it's for a passenger pair so I wouldn't ruin my day so early in the morning. Never going there again and not going to recommend it to anyone.

Wow did they pay you to say that? You think your service is universal for everyone that walks in?

I went there for the first time last week at 10am on a weekday and walked over to the gloves and asked the guy behind the counter and point to a pair marked at 69.99 if they are the cheapest pair. He responds with "And why do you want the cheapest?" as if everyone is just loaded with money and an idiot for not wanting to blow $200 on a pair of gloves. I wanted to erupt on the guy and tell him "Because I have no money *******" but didn't have the balls. I had to lie like a pansy and say it's for a passenger pair so I wouldn't ruin my day so early in the morning. Never going there again and not going to recommend it to anyone.

It's the counter guy's fault that you didn't want to disclose that you don't have a lot of money to spend?

He was probably asking why you wanted the cheapest to understand the driver for the purchase and make a recommendation.

You need to ask yourself what exactly is the reason you're not happy with the service you received, from your post it has nothing to do with Rider's Choice.

That's some funny ****!

Um... no just telling MY experience there.

I like these guys a lot too. I think their service is top noch. A couple of months ago I was looking for an AGV helmet and since almost no one carries them in the GTA area I had a really hard time finding one to try on for fit. I ended up going to Kahunna and they called RC to see if they had any, which turned out they did. So I went there to try the ones they had. I told them that I was there to try the helmet on just to see how it fits. The guy who I can't remember his name, took probably 1/2 hr to show me their entire line up, from AGV, Arai, Shoei etc and explained so much about them that you wouldn't believe. He knew that I was probably buying but still took the time to explain everything to me.

I ended up ordering the helmet through Kahunna since I had dealt with them first, but would definitly go back to RC for future needs.

spent a good buck to get some stuff done at RC found it odd after putting new rubber on was told i can use brake cleaner to clean up all the white paste they left all over tire i guess they wanted me to buy more stuff i didnt need
much more to say but i will keep the rest to myself will not go back if you go bring the vaseline

I'll also jump in here to recommend Rider's Choice. Good bunch, they are. I went in a while ago because finding a 1-piece suit that actually fits me is still proving elusive. And because they carry Dianese.

They brought me suit after suit, even ripping open a set of Under Armour for me to try suits on with.

I sadly ended up walking away suitless yet again, but they were fantastic for the hour I was there. Totally looked after me, very attentive, honest about how the suits fit, made suggestions, tried different things. Seriously great service.

Sounds like Mr. RC sells decidedly better gear and was attempting (albeit clumsily) to move past price and focus on your particular needs. True, price has to be addressed but we can tell you anytime a potential customer picks up an item in our shop and reacts only to the price rest assure no product or money will be changing hands.

John and the mechanics are friendly. When john isn't there I just walk out i'd rather go elsewhere or come back some other time when john's there. I don't want to ruin my day and time dealing with some jokers there.

Sounds to me like you're mad because you're poor, not because you got bad service.

The simple fact is this: gloves are probably the most important piece of gear you'll have on besides a helmet. Anybody who has ever injured their hands (usually thanks to CHEAP GLOVES!) will tell you the same thing. If you value your hands at all you'll do whatever you can to get a decent pair of gloves. No such gloves exist for $70. The guy at Riders Choice (sounds like you were talking to John) was looking out for you.

John's a great guy. I moved so stopped going there. Always highly recommend him to friends who live nearby as he's genuine.
Regarding gloves I may have to disagree that one wont find stuff below 70$ - I often purchase from motorcycle-superstore and they have a lot of good brands at decent pricing Eg: Icon Tarmac 3 gloves for 44$, AGV sport mayhem gloves $30.99 etc.. Canada is almost always expensive for gear. Its like a helmet.. there's the cheap ones and the expensive ones - all are DOT certified - one pays extra for the feel,look,comfort level, lightness etc..

John's a great guy. I moved so stopped going there. Always highly recommend him to friends who live nearby as he's genuine.
Regarding gloves I may have to disagree that one wont find stuff below 70$ - I often purchase from motorcycle-superstore and they have a lot of good brands at decent pricing Eg: Icon Tarmac 3 gloves for 44$, AGV sport mayhem gloves $30.99 etc.. Canada is almost always expensive for gear. Its like a helmet.. there's the cheap ones and the expensive ones - all are DOT certified - one pays extra for the feel,look,comfort level, lightness etc..

Uhhh ... that's not true at all. First of all, there's no such thing as "DOT certified" because the US DOT does not certify helmets. If you're comparing this to true certified standards such as Snell M2010 or ECE 22.05, it's still wrong because there is no certification standard for gloves! Apparel companies can sell a re-dyed version of your mom's gardening gloves and call them motorcycle gloves. They do NOT, by any means, all provide equivalent protection.

Back
Top Bottom