Automated Speed Enforcement (ASE) Charges | GTAMotorcycle.com

Automated Speed Enforcement (ASE) Charges

That's awesome - another 407 story in the making!
The data is fascinating. Looks like someone did (or is doing) their diligence. You can see the typical lifespan is about 4-5 months - in most cases you see the charges drop off substantially after that point.

The question is - do they get moved because the driving behaviour has been corrected in that area and it's time to target somewhere else, OR is it because the honeypot has dried up?

The data is fascinating. Looks like someone did (or is doing) their diligence. You can see the typical lifespan is about 4-5 months - in most cases you see the charges drop off substantially after that point.

The question is - do they get moved because the driving behaviour has been corrected in that area and it's time to target somewhere else, OR is it because the honeypot has dried up?
It's a bit like fishing. Works best if you go where the fish are.

We just got a ticket for the car on a road I never take but the wife does. She's away for a few days and will not be happy with the reverse gift card of just under $200. She does drive agressively when shopping, especially if broccoli is on sale. :)

Speed cameras do nothing to correct behavior. The moment camera is gone - speed goes up.

Speed cameras do nothing to correct behavior. The moment camera is gone - speed goes up.
They may tame down people that are tight for immediate cash but to the thicker wallet crowd it's pay to play. There are no points on the driver's license and no insurance hits (At this time).

I can see where an insurer would be concerned that the car a person owns is getting too much ticket attention. They wouldn't know the driver but they would know that the owner or someone they loan the car to, speeds a lot. At some point the cameras will affect rates.

They may tame down people that are tight for immediate cash but to the thicker wallet crowd it's pay to play. There are no points on the driver's license and no insurance hits (At this time).
Waze saves cash!

I was thinking another day... Stop sign enforcing cameras will make more sense than the speed cameras...
Except they will destroy traffic flow and cause instant gridlock. Switch from careful rolling stops to full stop and pause and throughput probably drops by a factor of two or more in a busy intersection. I'm not advocating for rolling stops but the reality is many intersections are barely functional as is with people breaking laws to improve throughput. Now, maybe they could set a threshold speed as a reasonable solution. 5 km/h may not be ticketed but a woodbridge "stop" at 20 km/h plus deserves a big ticket.

Except they will destroy traffic flow and cause instant gridlock. Switch from careful rolling stops to full stop and pause and throughput probably drops by a factor of two or more in a busy intersection. I'm not advocating for rolling stops but the reality is many intersections are barely functional as is with people breaking laws to improve throughput. Now, maybe they could set a threshold speed as a reasonable solution. 5 km/h may not be ticketed but a woodbridge "stop" at 20 km/h plus deserves a big ticket.
Well, rules are rules. If the rule doesn't work - time to change it.

Well, rules are rules. If the rule doesn't work - time to change it.
I agree but we have many examples of enforcement allowing some grey instead of enforcing law in black and white. Not perfect but it allows circumstances to be considered (time of day, traffic, nearby vulnerable road users, etc). Writing the grey into the law would make a mess as politicians are for the most part morons.

Back
Top Bottom