August | GTAMotorcycle.com

August

bakaboy

Old, Slow and Grumpy
Site Supporter
Before we had kids our summer vacation was always 2 motorcycles and 10 to 14 day tours. Campgrounds etc.

The pandemic means I have been blessed to spend more time with my adults kids that life usually doesnt provide.

So I bought 2 new bikes this week and after racing at Mosport the family is headed out.

4 people
4 bikes
10-14 days

Tho I debated. Load up everything and straight line out like I used to do?

Instead the 4 bikes go in the toyhauler and it moves to 3 separate campsites around Ontario. It is the base for regional riding around that base for 3-4 days each.

I sleep in my own bed.
I get camp fires
Shower and kitchen onboard

No stretching days to get to destination X on day Y

Looking forward to it so much.

Before we had kids our summer vacation was always 2 motorcycles and 10 to 14 day tours. Campgrounds etc.

The pandemic means I have been blessed to spend more time with my adults kids that life usually doesnt provide.

So I bought 2 new bikes this week and after racing at Mosport the family is headed out.

4 people
4 bikes
10-14 days

Tho I debated. Load up everything and straight line out like I used to do?

Instead the 4 bikes go in the toyhauler and it moves to 3 separate campsites around Ontario. It is the base for regional riding around that base for 3-4 days each.

I sleep in my own bed.
I get camp fires
Shower and kitchen onboard

No stretching days to get to destination X on day Y

Looking forward to it so much.
Sounds awesome. Have fun.

I missed the first ride this summer but as it turns out they cut it short by a day due to rain and one buddy has a scrip to battle the reaction he had to the bugs which by all account were fierce.

I will be taking in the August event. 7 -9 days of gravel roads, rough camping and pooping in the bush. I too am looking forward to this.

Any must see moments that you would recommend?

Any must see moments that you would recommend?

No.

While everyday was enjoyable and the roads adequate there was not a stretch of road that made me pause and want to go run it again.

Enjoyable.

But no single road or part of a day that left me in awe.

Back
Top Bottom