Aug 1 - Maine for Lobster | GTAMotorcycle.com

Aug 1 - Maine for Lobster

P

Pearlzzzzz!

Hey
I'm leaving for a 4 night, 5 day spirited, 7hr average riding day - Through the top
of NY, Lake Geo area, zipping across VT & NH to Maine for Lobster Rolls on the coast. Meander the coast, then back towards rugged NH - Mt Wash, northwest for a ferry ride to Lake Placid. My friend told me to look for Dancing Bears!
Wish Me Well!
M

Wishing you all the best on your ride!! Sounds fantastic. Be safe, have fun and I look forward to the stories when you get back.

Lake Placid is hazardous.

Not only do you have to watch for deer, dancing bears can cross your path at any time.

Here's some pictures of some of the places you'll be seeing.

Last edited:
Carmen
Those pic's are the Best.
You have great travel experiences & set the ground work; lucky me.
My objective: Atleast one shot of a deer. Alive.

Oh, I may not be solo after all!
I made someone jealous enough, to want to come along.

If you want to see a deer, here's one I captured on the BRP in Virginia. They were numerous but I was never in any danger due to the low speed limit. Hopefully when you see a deer, it will be on the shoulder of the road so it presents no danger to you.

Bambi. I imagine the rest of the herd was watching you.

Toronto to Warrensburgh, Lake George NY – 10 hrs (Kingston to Wolfe free, Wolfe to Cape Vincent $7 – Lake George picturesque & touristy, McDonalds for burger, coffee in morning. I advise lodging in a town, not outside of one, great to walk around & have choices for dinner. No deer.)
Warrensburgh to Brunswick ME – 9 hrs (smooth VT sweeping roads, Meredith & other NH lake resort charming towns, I rode without a helmet & was told not to smile, cause bugs would smash my teeth, Lobster dinner at Cap’t Mike in Brunswick)
Brunswick to Gorham NH – 8 hrs (Port Clyde for Lobster Roll – a bit of rain didn’t spoil the coastal ride. Rockland, Camden & Belfast very nice, dramatic scenery change from ocean harbours, flat mainland to high peaks & valleys, I did not see Moose, but made mating calls ‘mmwwaa mmwwaa’. Gorham is a great little town with an old train; sat at Thanksgiving bar for dinner & 4 samples of US beer)
Gorham to Lake Placid NY – 10 hrs (the magnificent Mt Washington, nooo Mooose, just to scare people and make us slow down, which we didn’t do. Surprising VT 17 south an elevated twisted switchback road, Chimney Point ferry free 5 min ride, route 9N easy & interesting Lake Champlain views, visit to Dancing Bears, ate at Grill211 – lodged at Northway Motel owned by Craig Randall Mayor of Lake Placid – great coffee across street. I did not see deer.)
Lake Placid to Toronto – 11 hrs (Whiteface Mt, Cape Vincent to Wolfe $7, Wolfe to Kingston free)
Many gas stations along way. Very fast ride passing everyone and everything; got called Mach 1 by other bikes I passed. Accommodations in advance, Hotels.com, good rates. 2 dbl or 2 queen beds; sharing is economical.
Thank You Carmen! I’m sniffing your trail to Virginia next time :}

Attachments

• 2011 July Aug NY VT NH ME 109.jpg
    2011 July Aug NY VT NH ME 109.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 2011 July Aug NY VT NH ME 193.jpg
    2011 July Aug NY VT NH ME 193.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Glad you had a great time and got home safely. I've got to admit, I rode with out a helmet for a short ride into town last weekend while in PA. I felt so "BAD."

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom