Appleby line north of Derry road | GTAMotorcycle.com

Appleby line north of Derry road

koorosh

I live about five minutes away and honestly, I never take it...you are correct in that the pavement is crap and the worst part is all the bicyclists on a nice weekend...I've had many a car cross into my path the few times I've been on it...even had a school bus taking up the majority of both lanes one time, and it wasn't even a school day...it's a very popular road for motorcycles for reasons I don't understand...

Going down, it's a good place to practice how to deal with a huge front end push at low speeds. Not the most enjoyable riding road for the reasons mentioned above though.

Went northbound on it recently, I had forgotten how tight the hairpins are. It would be fun if it wasn't for the threat of cagers, I'd consider it fun.
Going down, it's a good place to practice how to deal with a huge front end push at low speeds. Not the most enjoyable riding road for the reasons mentioned above though.
You don't use your rear brake thru there to help get a little drifting in? :oops:

I love that road! I think the roughness gives it character. I'm in Burlington a couple of times each month, I always take that stretch of Appleby.

Might be the most interesting thing to do in Burlington.

try Tremaine north of Derry...similar steepness (18% IIRC) but not quite as tight...still lots of bicyclists but a bit more forgiving and pavement is better...there's also Cedar Springs Road between Hwy 5 and Killbride Street as well as Guelph Line down through Lowville and Walker's Line at Britannia...

try Tremaine north of Derry...similar steepness (18% IIRC) but not quite as tight...still lots of bicyclists but a bit more forgiving and pavement is better...there's also Cedar Springs Road between Hwy 5 and Killbride Street as well as Guelph Line down through Lowville and Walker's Line at Britannia...
Did you mean Twiss, north of Derry? (Tremaine is all built up now with roundabouts)

Back
Top Bottom