Anyone ever rent via Eagle Rider? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone ever rent via Eagle Rider?

Phoenixfire99

Has anyone rented a bike through eagle rider?

I’m planning a one direction trip in August, flying out west to Utah/Nevada and riding my way back to Tdot and hopefully have time to hit up Sturgis along the way as I’ve yet to go and it’s on my bucket list.

They have a feature where you can drop off at different locations and the rates seem reasonable. I’m wondering what the whole experience is like, how well maintained are the bikes, fine print, etc.

I've rented from Eagle Rider twice, both locations in Florida.

The thing to be aware of is that Eagle Rider is an affiliation of rental shops with a single web interface. They're not all owned by the same organization, so the quality of the fleet and your experience with the shop will vary depending on which location you rent from.

Some locations are standalone rental places, others are actually motorcycle dealerships. The Miami Eagle Rider was a standalone rental place, but the Tampa Bay location was actually the local HD dealership. I think one of the Las Vegas Eagle Rider locations is the local BMW dealership, at least that's what it looked like when we got our bikes serviced there.

That said, both experiences were top notch - no gotchas, no hidden fees. Bikes were in good condition, which is to be expected when renting from a dealership who have parts and service on hand.

I've done a bunch of times in Cali. Awesome experience every time so far. No issues with the bikes I used. Everything was pretty straight forward.

I'll be doing it again in Spain in a couple months. I'm sure it'll be good there too.

I rented with them twice; once when I was in San Francisco riding down Hwy 1, and once when I was on the island of Maui. Smooth experience for both from beginning to end, and the dude who ran the dealership in Maui was especially cool.

Everything was set up online with no hiccups.

Maui in particular was a fun ride! I felt like I touched every paved road on the island, but the coolest were Mt Haleakala and the Road to Hana!

Rented from them over 10 times with repeat rentals at some locations over the last 14 years

Tampa
Miami
Dallas
Phoenix
Vegas
San Diego
Los Angeles
Portland

One ways
Returns

I have declined bikes on 2 occasions and forced them to swap out to a different bike. 1 time because the previous renter had crashed it and they wanted me to take a patched up bike.

Other than that a great experience.

This is great news. I planning a rental out of Phoenix in April.

This is great news. I'm planning a rental out of Phoenix in April.

What insurance did you folks take? Just the insurance provided by ER?
Any additional coverage you had?

I did Eagle Rider in Cali as well. San Fran specifically.

I told them my planned ride for the day and they cared enough to say "Nah."

What??

"If you go in that direction, you're going to be riding in the path of the fog the whole time, but if you ride your route in the opposite direction, it'll be clear everywhere you go."

As a mainlander, I don't know anything about the travel path of oceanside fog. Buddy could have just said okay cool have fun. Instead the little personal touch offering some insight showed that they're riders who care about other riders having good experiences. I appreciated that.

I did Eagle Rider in Cali as well. San Fran specifically.

I told them my planned ride for the day and they cared enough to say "Nah."

What??

"If you go in that direction, you're going to be riding in the path of the fog the whole time, but if you ride your route in the opposite direction, it'll be clear everywhere you go."

As a mainlander, I don't know anything about the travel path of oceanside fog. Buddy could have just said okay cool have fun. Instead the little personal touch offering some insight showed that they're riders who care about other riders having good experiences. I appreciated that.

I think most companies are savvy to the fact that social media and word of mouth are key to marketing and growing their business.

If your trip consisted of riding in fog the entire way, you wouldn't have posted pictures or videos on all the FB, Insta and TikTok.

If you have a good time *because* of the recommendations of the rental company, you'd be heaping praise on them plus enticing all potential customers with all your blue-sky pics of your ride on social media.

We've certainly rented from companies because of other people's online reviews.

Back
Top Bottom