Anybody see or take delivery of a new Norton yet? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anybody see or take delivery of a new Norton yet?

I've seen the Norton in flesh and blood. A nice bike if that the style you like. And it doesn't cost as much as a triumph.

I've seen the Norton in flesh and blood. A nice bike if that the style you like. And it doesn't cost as much as a triumph.

A Triumph what? Jet fighter? I believe the base Norton is in the mid-$20k's. The one with the cooler bits is in the mid $30k's. Or did they reduce the price drastically from what they were forcasting? Those prices are in the Ducatti + range, not the Triumph range and certainly not more than a Triumph.

I've seen one too and think it's a great looking bike for that style. It definitely attracted a lot of attention at the bike show.

According to Norton Canada's website, the base is 18,995$ before all the other fees and crap they throw on.

Personally not my style of motorcycle but I do appreciate how neat it looks and how well it pays tribute to older eras of similar bikes.
I'd love to see one up close some day.

Nice looking bikes, but I doubt they will sell well at that price point. Its a very small niche market who will want the norton, and the older crowd who grew up with norton, bsa, triumph and the rest are probably not interested in the sitting position, my thoughts on it anyways.

No, Canada Post is still on strike and mine is in the mail.

for the record, the posties are NOT on strike--they were locked out by the employer. . .big difference

I rode by the retail location in newmarket listed on Norton Canada's website.. didnt see any mention of a norton, nor any sign of life for that matter..

keep in mind that it's being run by smilin' sam agha, the same guy behind suzuki (and yamaha, iirc) of newmarket. . .fwiw

I think they're absolutely beautiful bikes. However, if i was going to buy a bike with that look, i would probably be more inclined to pick up a used Ducati Sport 1000.

According to Norton Canada's website, the base is 18,995$ before all the other fees and crap they throw on.

Personally not my style of motorcycle but I do appreciate how neat it looks and how well it pays tribute to older eras of similar bikes.
I'd love to see one up close some day.

Wow. That's about $6k less then I was told they would cost last winter at the shows.

A Triumph what? Jet fighter? I believe the base Norton is in the mid-$20k's. The one with the cooler bits is in the mid $30k's. Or did they reduce the price drastically from what they were forcasting? Those prices are in the Ducatti + range, not the Triumph range and certainly not more than a Triumph.

Sorry, I need to get my head checked... I read Norton and thought Royal Enfield.

Sorry, I need to get my head checked... I read Norton and thought Royal Enfield.

Not the far off, I don't think. Both are current bikes made to look like a really old british bike. But yeah, the price difference between an Enfield and a Norton is pretty dramatic.

None delivered in Canada or North America for that matter. I believe there is a cafe racer one in the Yamaha dealership on Harry Walker Pkwy - Newmarket. If its not there its at Suzuki of Newmarket, across the street.

White elephant.

According to Norton Canada's most recent newsletter:

NORTON Canada FAQ’s

Q.) When will the Norton Commando’s be available for sale?
A.) Following Canadian government certification, which we are targeting for the first quarter of 2012

Q.) When will dealers have them in their showrooms?
A.) Dealers will have a Commando by the beginning of the 2012 riding season for display and sale.

Q.) Can I buy a Norton off the floor from a dealer?
A.) Commandos will be in very short supply. While dealers may keep stock, most customers will undertake book purchases, deciding on colour, seating and extras before the bike is built.

And here are the Norton dealers across Canada:

British Italian Motorcycles
1764 Powell Street
Vancouver, BC
V5L 1H7
Ph: 1 (888) 420-7315

Wild Cycle
2475 Pegasus Road
Calgary, AB
T2E 8C3
Ph: 403-250-3113

Echo Cycle
15311—118th Avenue
Edmonton, AB.
T5V 1C3
Ph: 1-877-438-3246

Kahuna Powersports
5243 Steeles Avenue West
Toronto, ON.
M9L 2W2
416-743-3117

Bro’s Cycle
61 Morison Drive
Windsor, NS
B0N 2T0
Ph: 902-798-8145

Check the Norton web site at www.nortoncanada.ca for the most current listing of dealers in your area

Back
Top Bottom