Anti-Theft Devices | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anti-Theft Devices

Would stop an honest man (y)

Probably the best thing would be to install a tracking device somewhere on the bike that will take time for a perp to find ;)
... and if you have expensive USD forks carve your initials on them somewhere obvious so you can identify the parts after they are stolen.

Been thinking about irradiating my entire bike so that I could easy identify the parts with a geiger counter, but that plan still has some drawbacks to work out ☠

#1 is disabled with appropriately placed used chewing gum so I was told. Then the thief lifts your bike into whatever he’s using to transport his new haul. It’s good for stopping idiots moving your bike so they can steal your parking space though.

I have an alarmed disc lock more as a deterrent to would-be vandals and casual thieves looking for an easy opportunity. But a disk lock can easily be defeated, or bypassed by lifting the entire bike. But then again, that's what insurance is for.

Disc Lock, but i rarely leave it in public.

If someone wants it they will take it, i don't think it's worth the bread to go all out on alarms/locks.

I do understand that if someone wants it there is nothing will stop them from taking it into the truck, but as a regular anti theft device that would protect from not pro thefts or at least make it harder to get or to think twice , anything >? I have insurance but still

Maybe something like this can be adapted for MC's

4315628-g3szs.gif

if thieves want it they will find a way. They can cut through chains, lift bikes and put them in the back of a van in a minute. The best thing is insurance.

I don't think there's really much you can do to the bike itself to prevent theft
getting it into secure - out of sight storage is the key

taking a motorcycle is a theft charge - chump change for a career criminal
break - enter and theft is in another league of criminal activity

criminals being lazy by nature will take the easier path

yup
but if you tack a B&E onto that
even for a first timer, it's gonna be an incarceration sentence
just the theft alone they probably get probation

I still don't understand why theft under $5000 is treated so poorly. I get it that it's hard to catch these "people" and requires more resources than the police force has. But dealing with them when I had a B&E+theft at home and some theft issues at my workplace went to prove that they don't even really care to try.

Wouldn't a more severe punishment at least deter some of them? MacBook theft is an entire industry, which amounts to way over $5000 in sum. I was told my a cop and they even know where all the computers go after, they just can't stop it for some reason...

Everyone knows stolen cars and I assume bikes go to Quebec, seems like it would take some work to figure the rings out, but I'm sure it is not impossible.

Maybe someone here who works or worked in law enforcement can comment as well. Would be interesting to hear a viewpoint from within.

isn't theft over $5000 a much more serious charge though? (Sorry again Grom riders).
I have as much in mods as the bike value.

:devilish:

In the states they have bait bike programs and then hand out stickers to concerned bike owners.
But obviously they need to have a real bait bike program happening in the area for it to work.

Buy a Hyosung cover and use it. Thieves are unlikely to give it a second look.

INSURANCE is unfortunately your best bet for peace-of-mind.

However, I do like having an alarm set up too... just to deter people from sitting on my bike without my knowledge.

I had a Scorpio Ride alarm(now called REVER) - it would send notifications to my phone if someone was touching the bike... but there was too much delay (sometimes over a minute before i got notification)

Still looking for a good system.

keep in mind, these anti theft devices and security alarms malfunction, and are reportedly a ***** to fix.
Sometimes they activate if you have a crash, and then dont shut off.

Back
Top Bottom