An answer to tailgaiters? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

An answer to tailgaiters?

you have a tank bag to put it on k...

you also look like a bumblebee.

Top box on the back, with the mount stuck to the lid, and the front camera is mounted on my right mirror stalk.

I'm not sure if 'bumblebee' is an improvement, or not, from how I looked in my prior Aerostich. It was red, with black pants, so I looked like a Mountie.

after reading lurking the posts , i never really took much thought into how many times i was tail gated and though nothing of it. guess i'm just used to it.

The plain view doctrine covers things where you unearth evidence of a NEW crime as you are doing something legitimate.. When I say search incidental to arrest I am thinking about when TAFB got into his accident and the cops picked up his camera and watched the vid.
When I went to court (still not done), I asked the cop about the deal with the video camera, because there was NO mention in my disclosure/his notes of EITHER of my cameras that he examined. He said that you are "under arrest" from the time they arrive, until they lay the charge. They say that they "examine cameras in plain view" for evidence of wrong doing, or other crimes (he says he's laid HTA172 charges after getting to an accident scene where someone turned left in front of a bike, about 20 minutes prior he pulled a wheelie as visible on his camera!). I asked him about messing with the camera, video overwritten, etc. He said the camera was smashed, it worked well enough for them to play back the accident video a few times then it stopped working. Not his fault the video got messed up.

So, let's say I have my contour running when I get pulled over. Do I have to inform the cop he's being recorded?
A friend tried to use a recording he made of his encounter with the police, but they would not allow him to use the audio in court?! Just the video track (which was totally useless).

I get to cross examine the cop first up at my next court appearance, I'm not sure if I should even bring up the "overwritten" accident video issue, destruction of evidence, etc. Seems like a lost cause because the cop said he would testify the camera was too damaged to watch the video properly (but he originally told me he was able the watch the video a few times). My word against his, I can't really prove the video was intact on the camera immediately after the accident, as he didn't make any notes to that effect :(

-Jamie M.

Last edited:
Here is THE answer to tailgaiters! It's called the fakyoo pump. Install one of these puppies and you're good to go XD

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/danmoto73#p/u/2/ZoXs9kdIIhM[/video]

Back
Top Bottom