AMA tech regulations | GTAMotorcycle.com

AMA tech regulations

Interesting. So fixed ratios in gearbox but presumably sprocket changes are allowed? Takes out a lot of mechanical expense. Savings may be eaten up by modelling/analysis to pick the best ratios for the season.

Transmission ratio-changing is not a terrible job on bikes that have a cassette transmission (Kawasaki for sure, I think Honda and Aprilia, not sure about Ducati, not BMW or Yamaha or Suzuki).

For tracks that the teams have experience with, they already know optimum gear selection for every corner.

Transmission ratio-changing is not a terrible job on bikes that have a cassette transmission (Kawasaki for sure, I think Honda and Aprilia, not sure about Ducati, not BMW or Yamaha or Suzuki).

For tracks that the teams have experience with, they already know optimum gear selection for every corner.
Right, but now they gotta commit to a compromise that covers all of them

It's not time consuming to change but designing/making a dozen cassettes with different ratios (plus spares) adds a lot of expense.

For sure, but unless the rule were written that the internal ratios all have to remain stock, that expense is still going to be there.

For the teams that also race in WorldSBK, that money is going to be spent anyhow.

Back
Top Bottom