Allstate Insurance Questionnaire (at Renewal) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Allstate Insurance Questionnaire (at Renewal)

Krime

Site Supporter
Is this mandatory to fill out? I've been an Allstate customer for about 4 years and I received the questionnaire by mail 1 year after my policy, and now again 3 years later. I filled it out the first time and returned.

It asks for information regarding how many kms you've driven for each vehicle, any tickets in past 3 years, etc.

The note requests that you reply within 10 days to ensure your policy is updated promptly and to avoid any reminder notices, but there is no mention of it being required. On the back however, under 'offences' there is a bunch of legal warnings threatening legal fines for making false/misleading statements or failing to inform an insurer of a material change in circumstances within 14 days, etc.

My wife has a new minor ticket which we'd have to disclose I'd imagine (not too concerned since we're paying for the minor ticket surcharge) and our records have been clean prior, but I'm confused if this is really mandatory to fill out. Isn't it up to the insurer to dig into their clients driving records, etc. on their own?

I'm sure there must be other Allstate customers that also receive this, and curious to know if you've always filled it out and returned it?

No other insurance provider has done this technique from my experience.

Bird cage liner.
I'm not with them now, but in 10+ years, I didn't send one of them back.
They get info on their own. My rates went up too much after a 2nd 10kph over in 3 yrs that they found out about, so I switched last yr.

It's cheaper for them to get the info from you than to purchase an abstract. The do the same thing when you get a claim, ask you to get the police report so they don't have to pay the fees.

Just say no.

I’ve never sent them back either. Sure, they send out a reminder, but that went into the blue bin too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You told them how many KM you were driving when you took out the policy. Unless that's significantly changed you don't need to constantly update them on that figure.

As for tickets and such, they can find that out themselves by pulling your abstract. Let them do it.

Alright, thanks... no response it is then.

Bird cage liner.
I'm not with them now, but in 10+ years, I didn't send one of them back.
They get info on their own. My rates went up too much after a 2nd 10kph over in 3 yrs that they found out about, so I switched last yr.

Wonder if they found out about those two tickets because you didn't return the form, so they looked it up. Maybe that's the strategy with them, they know that people with no tickets are more inclined to fill out the form, so if you don't send it in, they run the abstract anyways.

Curious, did they jack up the rates on your car and bike after the first one or just the second, and how much of an increase was it?

You told them how many KM you were driving when you took out the policy. Unless that's significantly changed you don't need to constantly update them on that figure.

As for tickets and such, they can find that out themselves by pulling your abstract. Let them do it.

True. My wife is going back to work after mat leave in July so will be calling in then to change the details of the policy anyways - fortunately her work will be paying for her vehicle so no worries about increased rates anyways.

I have a car and 2 bikes under my name with the policy, so getting anything on my record can be brutal for me. I realized recently that the minor conviction surcharge I'm paying for which waives one minor ticket, is for the car only. So they will likely jack the rates on the two bikes regardless should that happen. Lovely.

Alright, thanks... no response it is then.

Wonder if they found out about those two tickets because you didn't return the form, so they looked it up. Maybe that's the strategy with them, they know that people with no tickets are more inclined to fill out the form, so if you don't send it in, they run the abstract anyways.

Curious, did they jack up the rates on your car and bike after the first one or just the second, and how much of an increase was it?

I called to inquire. I was told the 2nd ticket (in 3 yrs) made it go up.
Car & truck (bikeless atm). $1800 to $2600. Found same coverage for 2g's.
One ticket is done now, so I'll likely go back in may. Current provider doesn't do bikes, and I hope to be riding again this yr.
Both tickets were speeding. Both were 10kph over. Insurers are wallet rapists.

I called to inquire. I was told the 2nd ticket (in 3 yrs) made it go up.
Car & truck (bikeless atm). $1800 to $2600. Found same coverage for 2g's.
One ticket is done now, so I'll likely go back in may. Current provider doesn't do bikes, and I hope to be riding again this yr.
Both tickets were speeding. Both were 10kph over. Insurers are wallet rapists.

My premium dropped significantly since I have no tickets on my record. I'm 24 insured primary on a mercedes in toronto paying around $150/month

My premium dropped significantly since I have no tickets on my record. I'm 24 insured primary on a mercedes in toronto paying around $150/month
Jeez I can't get under $200 for the life of me.

Jeez I can't get under $200 for the life of me.
Bad abstract? Bad postal code?
How many vehicles?
I insure a ridgeline and a vet. 2.2 grand a yr, total, for both. That's less than 200. I had 2 tickets, but no claims, or accidents (they know about). CAA insurance. But they don't do bikes.

How many vehicles?
I insure a ridgeline and a vet. 2.2 grand a yr, total, for both. That's less than 200. I had 2 tickets, but no claims, or accidents (they know about). CAA insurance. But they don't do bikes.
North York, clean abstract, no claims. 1 vehicle.

I've moved 3 times in and out of the city and its always hovering there.

Whomp whomp

North York, clean abstract, no claims. 1 vehicle.

I've moved 3 times in and out of the city and its always hovering there.

Whomp whomp
Have you tried getting a quote from Johnson? I've recently got some great quotes with them and moved my car and bike over to them, but I am also receiving a professional association from them through my school. Might be worth a shot.

How many vehicles?
This is surprising. I got a quote from CAA which looked promising for the car, but they looked back into the history like 15 years and I had 1 at fault, everything after this is perfectly clean. But wasn't good enough for them and the quote changed to not so good. All other insurers don't go back this far from what I can tell. ?‍♂️

Have you tried getting a quote from Johnson? I've recently got some great quotes with them and moved my car and bike over to them, but I am also receiving a professional association from them through my school. Might be worth a shot.
Thanks will keep it in mind

Back
Top Bottom