A few days in Nevada | GTAMotorcycle.com

A few days in Nevada

iblastoff

Rented a 2018 sv650 from riders-share. Love it so far. I’ve mostly been riding my royal enfield 650 and almost forgot what a bike with proper power feels like lol.

This is going up lees canyon doing the mount Charleston loop. God damn freezing up there (didn’t pack any warm riding gear. My bad) but still totally worth it.

EC4-E9-C4-F-826-F-408-F-B876-3589-A9-CC5929.jpg

Did red rock canyon loop and few times and then heading to valley of fire. Was gonna try to fit in Death Valley but it looks to be in poor shape and will be raining a bunch. Ahh well.

If Suzuki threw that engine into a TU250x style body, it would be an instant buy for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last time I was in Death Valley it was 124 degrees F and we where praying for rain.
Have a good trip!

Rented a 2018 sv650 from riders-share. Love it so far. I’ve mostly been riding my royal enfield 650 and almost forgot what a bike with proper power feels like lol.

This is going up lees canyon doing the mount Charleston loop. God damn freezing up there (didn’t pack any warm riding gear. My bad) but still totally worth it.

EC4-E9-C4-F-826-F-408-F-B876-3589-A9-CC5929.jpg

Did red rock canyon loop and few times and then heading to valley of fire. Was gonna try to fit in Death Valley but it looks to be in poor shape and will be raining a bunch. Ahh well.

If Suzuki threw that engine into a TU250x style body, it would be an instant buy for me.

I wish Suzuki could bring the TU back at any capacity...a Super TU650x would be awesome. Have a good trip

Wow, nice pic. The road (from the little I can see), the scenery...beautiful. Every time I hear Nevada, the first thing that pops up in my mind is Road Rash. For renting a bike, I'm guessing your Ontario license was good enough? I have never rented a bike in the US (and in Canada for that matter).

Last time I was in Death Valley it was 124 degrees F and we where praying for rain.
Have a good trip!

I have to say..Death Valley was kind of disappointing lol. Just looked like everything was under construction. Like everything just looked like loose rock and rubble. I’m assuming maybe the flood from last year destroyed everything? I dunno. Maybe I just had the wrong impression of what Death Valley was supposed to look like.

When on foot, the mesquite sand dunes and badwater salt flats were cool.

7c79797bd524dcc23f6df7a7bfcd1e6e.jpg

But on the road it was kinda meh.

I didn’t take any crazy off-road routes or anything but was expecting a lot more scenic-wise.

Last edited:
Wow, nice pic. The road (from the little I can see), the scenery...beautiful. Every time I hear Nevada, the first thing that pops up in my mind is Road Rash. For renting a bike, I'm guessing your Ontario license was good enough? I have never rented a bike in the US (and in Canada for that matter).

Yah Ontario license is fine for anywhere in the US!

I used riders-share.com. It was something like 48$ USD / day depending on the bike. You’re essentially renting a bike from actual owners and not a company like eagle riders etc.

Last edited:
Yah Ontario license is fine for anywhere in the US!

I used riders-share.com. It was something like 48$ USD / day depending on the bike. You’re essentially renting a bike from actual owners and not a company like eagle riders etc.

First time hearing about riders-share, thanks for the info :)

i love the nevada desert!

GZLgCio.jpg

i would also like to add that people in las vegas/nevada are FAR friendlier than your usual toronto folk lol. maybe because vegas is such a service industry place and theres a lot of midwesterners living here? i dunno. but the amount of smiles, people going out of their way to say hi or bye, and various other small things was a little jarring since i'm not used to it at all lol.

i love the nevada desert!

GZLgCio.jpg

i would also like to add that people in las vegas/nevada are FAR friendlier than your usual toronto folk lol. maybe because vegas is such a service industry place and theres a lot of midwesterners living here? i dunno. but the amount of smiles, people going out of their way to say hi or bye, and various other small things was a little jarring since i'm not used to it at all lol.
I have lived in and traveled every corner of the USA... people are friendly everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom