80 enfields in a Poker Run | GTAMotorcycle.com

80 enfields in a Poker Run

mikenepal

On April 13th 80 Enfields took part in a poker run in Nepal , but in total there were over 140 participants in what now has become an annual event. The reason for such a turnout was raising awareness about Nepal as a travel destination for motorcyclists, charity work (Nepalis helping Nepalis) giving stationary items to school kids on route, bike rides to disadvantaged children in Pokhara and just fun riding with other enthusiasts.
The date also coincided with the Nepali New Year (according to them it is now 2068) and it attracted riders from 11 different countries including Nepal , The UK, Australia , Holland , Canada and The USA. The sight (and sound) of 2km of bikes snaking their way through the Himalayan valleys to the Lakeside town of
Pokhara overlooked by the Annapurna mountain range was pretty impressive!
The riders picked up poker cards on route and the best hand won, additional prizes included best female Enfield rider/supporter, and the hotly contested “Hard Luck Award" for the motorcycle that had the most breakdowns. This was won by a guy whose bike was okay but managed to break his leg. I have put a full webpage dedicated to the Poker run on my website at www.ottmotorcycles.com together with photos of last years tours. Bigger and better photos are at www.flickr.com/photos/mikenepal

Thanks Mike

Nice photos! Adding this to my list of things to do...

Any diesel enfields in the ride?

They did not work.. concept seemed good but they never worked as intended...the 50 year old design did and still works for the road conditions across here all the weight on the back above the back wheel to give traction.

Not like the Bajaj (Kawasaki) I was riding at 90kph high sided broke my helmet, shoulder put the foot peg through my shoe and back out the top as well as taking a couple of pieces of skin from both hands and knees. I think I should stick to an enfield that bloody hurt...

Back
Top Bottom