507 Closed Oct 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

507 Closed Oct 10

jeff96

About half way along the road is blocked with a fire truck. They said it's going to be closed for hours. Sadly it's probably for an accident investigation. It's a long detour if you head down there from the north

Sent from my Redmi 7A using Tapatalk

Yup many motorcycles racing along it today, had several go me me as if I was stopped. One crashed and not sure if he is going to make it

RIP rider

............... had several go me me as if I was stopped........

I've had the same experience with both bike and car. We're our own worse enemy here in that local residents are fed up with speeding motorcyclists and reckless passing. I would not be surprised to see the OPP stage a few enforcement blitzs at some point to scoop in a couple of dozen of the "over 50" crowd on a Saturday morning.

I've had the same experience with both bike and car. We're our own worse enemy here in that local residents are fed up with speeding motorcyclists and reckless passing. I would not be surprised to see the OPP stage a few enforcement blitzs at some point to scoop in a couple of dozen of the "over 50" crowd on a Saturday morning.
Shooting fish in a barrel. There is no way out. Video camera on a rock outcrop or chopper to collect evidence, close the road ahead, close the road behind, bring out the tow truck brigade. It's just too easy.

Or, sit in the cruiser where the speed limit changes unexpectedly and write 20 km over tickets all day long

Shooting fish in a barrel. There is no way out. Video camera on a rock outcrop or chopper to collect evidence, close the road ahead, close the road behind, bring out the tow truck brigade. It's just too easy.

There's no doubt that 95%+ of riders are exceeding the 80 kph limit, as are about 75% of other vehicles. Question is by how much and if you're riding crazy and passing on corners, which I've seen lots of riders do. This is what drives locals nuts as it looks dangerous and probably is. I avoid the 507 on weekends, in particular southbound from 10 to 2, as I've met many northbound riders over the years, fresh from their ride from the TO area, who drift way too close to the centerline when cornering.

You can make the 507 interesting by keeping speeds reasonable on the straights, accelerate to and through corners and then roll off again on the next straight.

Back
Top Bottom