2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure

Lots of guys on the forums are whining that they have to take the OEM cases. I'm sure if you head over to advrider.com you'll find someone selling 'em. My wife says the OEM cases are ugly... I prefer to think of 'em as masculine.

I am interested in buying the OEM side cases if anyone who is buying one doesn't want them.

I picked up my new wheels last Thursday and already have over 700kms

I miss the smooth, refined Suzuki 4cyl but the new KTM has bonkers torque and horsepower. Plus the new bike has the safety do-dads to help reign in all that power.

I'm just learning the new power curve on the V twin (more torque @ 3K than the max on my old Kat). I do find the twin 'lumpy' sometimes but the tradeoffs are worth it.

Anyway here is my dirty girl.

Sweet ride, Congrats man! I see that GP bikes has one sitting on the floor now to sell. Looks really nice in person.

I picked up my new wheels last Thursday and already have over 700kms

I miss the smooth, refined Suzuki 4cyl but the new KTM has bonkers torque and horsepower. Plus the new bike has the safety do-dads to help reign in all that power.

I'm just learning the new power curve on the V twin (more torque @ 3K than the max on my old Kat). I do find the twin 'lumpy' sometimes but the tradeoffs are worth it.

Anyway here is my dirty girl.

Got another KTM.

I put 65,000kms on the T(ouring) and just got a 1290R.

Time for another 65,000kms. :)

Got another KTM.

I put 65,000kms on the T(ouring) and just got a 1290R.

Time for another 65,000kms. :)

Nice! You'd effectively doubled my GSA mileage, I'm at 33,000 at the moment. Throw two kids into the mix since my purchase in 2015 and that'll explain that. Well that and I still have the GSXR I'm swapping between.

Nice to have more than one bike in the stable. My wife only lets me have one so I needed a sport bike that doubles as a dirt bike. :)

2020 1290 is looking pretty damn cool. 790 style fuel tanks, radar cruise

2020 KTM 1290 Super Adventure Ushers In The Radar Age

Maybe that's important for some folks but I hardly use my electronic cruise control as it is. I should maybe use it more but the drivers around me make me not want to. Electronically adjustable suspension, maybe a quick shifter, adaptable/customisable traction control, those are more important to me at least.

Maybe that's important for some folks but I hardly use my electronic cruise control as it is. I should maybe use it more but the drivers around me make me not want to. Electronically adjustable suspension, maybe a quick shifter, adaptable/customisable traction control, those are more important to me at least.

Time and a place for it, bombing miles on the interstate outside of major cities, it is invaluable for me.

@jc100 , I do miss my SAT but the SAR is really growing on me. The favourites (quick) menus are actually better on the SAR to adjust TC and driving modes. The new bike still has all the other electronic wizardry including the $500 quick shifter software toggled ON. I’ve got the manual suspension dialed in to the point were it’s much better than the SAT. Off tarmac there is no comparison! The SAR is much easier to ride.

The only real challenge with the new bike is reach to the ground... bloody legs stopped growing about 40 years ago. :)

I use cruise all the time to avoid speeding around town... set her to 15 over and forget about it.

Time and a place for it, bombing miles on the interstate outside of major cities, it is invaluable for me.

Exactly. It's the best feature on long hauls. First year with my GSA in '15 my wife and I rode to North Carolina for 10 days. During the slabs for hours at a time, it was THE best thing ever.

I want them to make an updated version of my 1290 T. Don't want to give up my 500km range and electrical doodads
Ducati 1260 Enduro has what you need.

I also want it to work regularly though.
I shopped both and although neither were perfect, they're both chock full of electric stuff that can break (ie. they're not vstrom simple) and neither was any worse than the other in terms of reliability when I spoke to many owners.

Back
Top Bottom