2009 zx6r no start. | GTAMotorcycle.com

2009 zx6r no start.

Iceman

A little background first. Bike was in a serious crash last year, sounds as though there was some damage repaired to the wiring harness, plugs replaced etc.
Bike cranks freely, will not start. Fuel pump operates if hooked directly to 12v, does not prime with key in the on position.
I'm thinking possibly a problem in the tip over sensor?
Information he has sent me.
I have a 09 zx6r

Bike cranks with no issues won't fire. The fuel pump does not prime, throttle plates don't cycle, I don't hear any clicking in any injector when attempting to start, bike gives FI code 39 which explains all the non working parts. Ecu, gauges, relay box have all been replaced. Battery has been trickle charged. Wiring has been checked, found signal relay and the connector missing, tail light socket missing and vehicle down sensor and plug missing. Replaced all plugs except tail light plug from a donor harness as well as the turn signal relay and vehicle down sensor. Replaced everything essentially.

Direct 12v to battery & bypass for fuel pump and it primes and works, but the injectors have power but they won't spray... I have 2 ECUS they both work, the bike has power & a complete circuit...

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

This is where it is really nice to have 2 virtually identical motorcycles :|
"I have 2 ECUS they both work" part of the ECU function is to power up the injectors, so I'm not sure you have 2 ECU's that both work in the absence of a working bike to test that theory, although chances are they really are good and you still just haven't found the problem. Tip over sensor is just a mercury switch, that is easy to meter test and pretty bullet-proof if the thing is mounted right way up.

Back
Top Bottom