Riding Down Under - Tropical Cairns Australia | Page 42 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riding Down Under - Tropical Cairns Australia

Did not get out til noon....just took a nice cruise to Port Douglas and then a major shop ( for the bike ) on the way home.
Bike was lively with topped off tires and fuel mileage came back up.
Used all 27 liters of the tank bag and most of the 39 liter top case plus it was heavy stuff - got in around 5 - was quite nice with the sun behind me but headwind was stiff.
Forgot to charge my normal IEMs so went with the Pioneer Rayz and might keep with those due to profile. Not BT but I don't mind a cable with the phone in my pocket.

Was on mom-in-law duty today but that was cancelled so looks good for a long ride IF I get some sleep which is not looking too promising. :rolleyes:
Working an watching Itchy Boots head towards her covid nightmare in Peru crossing some of the same territory we did when we got chased back but she is stayed in the mountains....hard to beleive she's riding rough roads at 4000+ meters.
She feels it but is coping. The whole Season 2 and forward are worth the watch ...1 million subscribers now.

What an adventure getting out of Peru..... so now going to watch where it all started

I must say I was impressed with the Himalaya in Season 2. Some very rough use.
Season 1 she's on the 500. I like the instrument look and layout on the REs.
Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at May, 5    2022    4.42.36 PM.jpg
Season 1 vids are really short so far.
Damn iron lady 1,100 KM in 10 hours in India...must be some good seat on that RE.
Her gear is far less sophisticated than her later vids....but no lack of enthusiasm or rough roads.
Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at May, 5    2022    5.31.13 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2022-05-05 at May, 5    2022    5.32.09 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Damn Mac you weren’t kidding about how nice the riding is in BC, did you go off-road at all on your trip? I’ve only been here for 2 weeks so far, started riding 3 days ago, so much to explore…

Got out reasonably early at 8 ish scored an egg mcmuffin Jacks style plus hash brown and small latte for $4.25. Pretty decent value considering the latte is $4 most places tho this one was automatic machine....still it's caffeine.o_O
Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at May, 6    2022    10.41.32 AM.jpg
Doing my fav long route in reverse going up the Palmerston this time with the wind. Stiff head wind combined with higher than normal speeds into it caused the mirror fix to fade. Don't really want to use red locktitle...a little more tightening perhaps as it barely shifted.

Hopefully up to he Tablelands and across to Kuranda and home by 2 pm but will see. It's dry so cutting down the Gillies is an option.
Lovely day and gobbled my 12 bean soup when I got home.
Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at May, 6    2022    3.12.12 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at May, 6    2022    3.11.54 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at May, 6    2022    3.11.41 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Geez - the Himalayan lives up to its name

and she appears to be riding in jeans - at 4700 meters !!!!!! ice and snow. bowing69.png wow. Tough chick.
Found out they are kevlar jeans....still not very warm.

Last edited:
Rain days ..and days... and days. Bingeing Itchy Boots and other media. :coffee: More rain coming....sucks :(
Screen Shot 2022-05-10 at May, 10    2022    4.32.38 AM.jpg
While these totals are not high for Cairns this time of year could be brutal a bit further south - Townsville not far 350 km and we could get a chunk as well as those troughs move through us.

bio.jbtfsplk.jpg
Very tempting
1652162510731.png
Revit Sand new $399 on clearance in my size - that's tax in and I think shipped...
Trouble is my HWK Jacket is holding up very well
Screen Shot 2022-05-10 at May, 10    2022    4.14.36 PM.jpg for $147 I paid for it and a 5 year warranty.

Last edited:
Ran out of Itchy Boots to watch tho I think there are some current ones I need to catch up afaik she's not out of Central America.

This is sort of interesting

No Noraly tho.

Ran out of Itchy Boots to watch tho I think there are some current ones I need to catch up afaik she's not out of Central America.

This is sort of interesting

No Noraly tho.

She’s currently in Guatemala.

Rain days ..and days... and days. Bingeing Itchy Boots and other media. :coffee: More rain coming....sucks :(
View attachment 54917
While these totals are not high for Cairns this time of year could be brutal a bit further south - Townsville not far 350 km and we could get a chunk as well as those troughs move through us.

View attachment 54920
Very tempting
View attachment 54929
Revit Sand new $399 on clearance in my size - that's tax in and I think shipped...
Trouble is my HWK Jacket is holding up very well
View attachment 54930 for $147 I paid for it and a 5 year warranty.

Did you get this one on Amazon?
I’m amazed it’s any good but I know you are particular about your gear.
Interesting…

What a train wreck

Sun came out for an hour but back to dull grey and rainy- dog got a walk at least.

Last edited:
@MacDoc Got2Go isn't bad...her videos are short, however, she does ride some really nice areas...check out her European trip (not that long ago)...another one I follow is On Her Bike (Kinga) from Australia...again, she's no Noraly, but not bad...

Noraly a hard act to equal. The London to Sydney is just awful. Got2Go I will view more tho the double entendre is a regretable choice....perhaps an ESL play on Noraly's Let's Go.

thanks for that ...tip on Kinga.

Wondered where all the "oops" moments were. Strong girl ...that's heavy bike.

Last edited:
Well the riding is one thing ...the crazy river and small boat trips are nuts. Loved that bit paddle footing over the railway bridge. She has the correct bike for sure. Darien Gap on a tinny!!!!! :eek:
Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at May, 13    2022    12.29.11 PM.jpg
She has gotten very aggressive at lane splitting and riding in general - I guess you do the the Kalahari Rally and finish it .....everything else is easy and the 300 is an impressive bike.
Wish I could afford one but I only paid $2800 for my CB300F - would be 3 x that or more for the CRF300 and really getting too old for off pavement. Will live vicariously.

She's good with the drone now too.....huge improvements in skills and gear since S1. Really impressed with her RevIt gear layers.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom