Your thoughts on minimum wage | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Your thoughts on minimum wage

Then pack up and move where a better job is available. If people could come from overseas on a boat im pretty sure she can come up with the cash for a greyhound bus ride

Times have changed. There is no more land of opportunity. The rich have locked it down.

Your post doesn't make any sense. You're belittling people making minimum wage as lazy while you yourself is making near minimum wage. Sorry, don't mean to be rude, but just confused about your statement.

I'm not going around complaining that my $13 sucks. I'm 21, just finished school and am working towards a higher paying jobs, trust me I'm not staying making this amount.

Last edited:
Times have changed. There is no more land of opportunity. The rich have locked it down.

Really?

You can make 100K in this country doing unskilled labour if you actually want to work.

Opportunities haven't changed, people's attitudes however have.

We need to get out of this damn minimum wage argument and get to a situation where a human life is not wasted and compensated on pouring f'n coffee and mixing with sugar and milk. .
That "wasted" human life might have a lovely wife at home, and a child that makes them happy and they live happier than some wife in the burbs married to a CEO that is always off with the secretary.

Or maybe it is an immigrant that left a miserable life and it is trying to make a better life but without "Canadian Education" it can't for a while.

Yes, Money helps me buy race tires and have the shinny new car but I find it funny how people have this very small concept of the world that it isn't narrower than the house and neighborhood they have lived all their life... at that is ok.

A minimum wage increase makes a difference... to the person receiving it.

Really?

You can make 100K in this country doing unskilled labour if you actually want to work.

Details and specifics please!

Ah, best of luck to you in your career. Please take a compassionate view though, the majority or the working poor are not drug addicted degenerates that are living beyond their means.

Really?

Yeah, but...Alberta.

Boohoo. Poor her. My parents packed themselves, me and my 2 year old brother in six suitcases and came to Canada. They volunteered for 3 years while working part time jobs so they can get the needed qualifications and experience. They drove old cards, lived frugally so they can pay off the house ASAP.

Dont don't wanna step out of your comfort zone and risk a little to get a better job? Fine, flip burgers. But don't cry how you can't pay for your latest iphone.

That's all she could get in her economically depressed area (of the US). She's happy to have any job, even this subsistence one because the alternative is worse for her family.

But that doesn't make it right.

That "wasted" human life might have a lovely wife at home, and a child that makes them happy and they live happier than some wife in the burbs married to a CEO that is always off with the secretary.

Or maybe it is an immigrant that left a miserable life and it is trying to make a better life but without "Canadian Education" it can't for a while.

Yes, Money helps me buy race tires and have the shinny new car but I find it funny how people have this very small concept of the world that it isn't narrower than the house and neighborhood they have lived all their life... at that is ok.

A minimum wage increase makes a difference... to the person receiving it.

I don't think you understand my post. You need to expand your scope.

Ah, best of luck to you in your career. Please take a compassionate view though, the majority or the working poor are not drug addicted degenerates that are living beyond their means.
Are they? Any facts behind this?

Are you wishing me luck in my career? No need for luck, normally skill and education does the trick but thanks, if it wasn't directed at me, then i apologize.

Edit: I understand your post, but i think your comment was disrespectful to those that work for minimum wage.. anyways, I do not much care for this discussion, I am out.

Last edited:
Are they? Any facts behind this?

Are you wishing me luck in my career? No need for luck, normally skill and education does the trick but thanks, if it wasn't directed at me, then i apologize.
The wish was for Amazon, forgot the quote I guess. But, good luck to you too my friend.

As for statistics, there are plethora of information. Go to UC Davis centre for poverty, they got interesting resources. If you want an actual published paper, this is a pretty good starting point:
http://economics.fundamentalfinance.com/povertycrime.php

Guys, this is so true! I went to this magical website place and typed "jobs" and now i'm making 100k a year. Now ******* want to party with me!!!!! Thanks Paul, and you slob and home, follow Paul's one step seminar and ******* will want to party with you tooooooo. over and out.

Guys, this is so true! I went to this magical website place and typed "jobs" and now i'm making 100k a year. Now ******* want to party with me!!!!! Thanks Paul, and you slob and home, follow Paul's one step seminar and ******* will want to party with you tooooooo. over and out.

:lmao:

Don't quit your day job flipping burgers...

Back
Top Bottom