Yamaha Star/VStar Riders roll call... | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha Star/VStar Riders roll call...

Yeah I'm up for an after-work ride on weekdays and day rides on weekends. Are there any organized ride threads for cruisers? From the ones I've looked at they seem to be sport bikes.10417034_10154164473690626_1697637732_n.jpg10374412_10154164473685626_1325330176_n.jpg

Yeah I'm up for an after-work ride on weekdays and day rides on weekends. Are there any organized ride threads for cruisers? From the ones I've looked at they seem to be sport bikes.View attachment 35040View attachment 35041
Hey justcruzing. I've been looking for an organized group for cruisers too. Might end up making one myself and posting it here.

In the meantime where abouts are ya we could go for a ride soontime. I'm actually free after 2pm all this week.

Ps: Nice bike

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Does a Virago 535 count?

1526911_10152192721817075_4777069988210531866_n.jpg

Hey guys I haven't seen any cruiser/touring group here so I thought I'll do the honours.

I think majority of people have What's App on their smart phones so I decided to go with it. PM me your cell number if you're interested. Doesn't matter where you live GTA or surrounding areas.

Let us all unite!

Nice bike dj. All cruisers welcome! We had a nice ride up to belfountain this evening - nothing better to take life's stresses away at the end of the day!

Hey all,

I've got a 2000 V-Star 650 classic and I want to get saddlebags and possibly a luggage rack for it but I have no idea where to start. I'd prefer to go to a shop in person and take a look at a few different options but I can't seem to find any shops that have a selection of bag I could look at. Do any of you know of any shops like that in the GTA?

Also if it's just best to order bags and a rack online, do any of you have some recommended sites I should check out for that.

Thanks and ride safe!

Hey all,

I've got a 2000 V-Star 650 classic and I want to get saddlebags and possibly a luggage rack for it but I have no idea where to start. I'd prefer to go to a shop in person and take a look at a few different options but I can't seem to find any shops that have a selection of bag I could look at. Do any of you know of any shops like that in the GTA?

Also if it's just best to order bags and a rack online, do any of you have some recommended sites I should check out for that.

Thanks and ride safe!
Hey you can check out Cycle World West in Sauga by Wolfedale and Central Parkway. They have a lot of stuff and can order from the catalogue if you like something else. Their prices are reasonable too.

Hey all,

Thanks and ride safe!

There was a guy selling an almost new studded set on kijiji for a good price.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Sorry for the double post. I went to edit my last one but quoted it by mistake.

Anyone know where to get a passenger backrest/sissy bar for a half decent price. Vstar custom.

The brackets alone are like $150 from royal. Tag on another 150 for sissy and 75ish for the backrest.

Sorry for the double post. I went to edit my last one but quoted it by mistake.

Anyone know where to get a passenger backrest/sissy bar for a half decent price. Vstar custom.

The brackets alone are like $150 from royal. Tag on another 150 for sissy and 75ish for the backrest.

It depends on the quality you want, if you don't mind no name chinese brand quality then take a look at Ebay, you can get what you want for under a hundred I am sure.

Oh and hi Vstar riders, Im thinking of selling my Shadow 750 and picking up a Vstar 1100, anyone have an experience with the power difference between the two bikes? Im finding my bike way underpowered when I have a passenger, which I tend to have more often than not these days.

It depends on the quality you want, if you don't mind no name chinese brand quality then take a look at Ebay, you can get what you want for under a hundred I am sure.

I must be horrible looking on ebay.

Building it doesnt bother me either. It's the damn brackets I can't bend.

Oh and hi Vstar riders, Im thinking of selling my Shadow 750 and picking up a Vstar 1100, anyone have an experience with the power difference between the two bikes? Im finding my bike way underpowered when I have a passenger, which I tend to have more often than not these days.

Of course you can do a specs comparison, on paper it's like a 30% jump, but by the seat of your pants, feels significant - especially the torque. Wifey & I used to do 2-up all the time on the Star 1100 on BIG trips - no troubles. I had the custom, cobra slip-ons, K&N, but the big upgrade was the Mustang seat. An absolute must on the custom.

I now ride a completely stock Star 950T. Gorgeous bike although doesn't have quite the pop my old bike had ... I'm older. Piped and chipped I'm sure I could bring it up quite a bit but I do like it as it is.

The Old ...
ka2rg7.jpg

The New ...
23gz31i.jpg

Last edited:
So in my search for a passenger back rest I decided I'm to cheap to spend money for it.

So im making one.

9y9yhe2a.jpg
8e9u6yqe.jpg

So far so good. A bit more welding and grinding plus making the actual back rest cushion. Started with absolutely no plan but only time will tell if its decent enough to keep on the bike.

Id rather build then buy anyways so I dont know why I didn't start earlier.

Total cost so far....

$12

(6 for the 3/8 cold rolled rod and 6 for the foam, everything else I have laying around.)

Nice work! Making it your own... That's the way.
Keep the pics coming... Would love to see how it turns out.

Nice work! Making it your own... That's the way.
Keep the pics coming... Would love to see how it turns out.

Will do. Thanks.

Wont have much time to work on it tomorrow but gonna try and get something done.

Back
Top Bottom