Yamaha Star/VStar Riders roll call... | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha Star/VStar Riders roll call...

Good evening everybody
new to the site rode and driven all sorts of gas powered things since I was a kid ......who am I fooling still a kid anyway this looks like the spot to stop sort of Im a Yamaha Star owner and fall into the cruiser class have always liked the builds of yamahas tons of fun on all sizes of yz's and a couple of specials that got riden like yz's when i was younger I currently own a 2010vmax and could not have a bigger smile on my face Im very sure this will be the keeper Nobody makes anything like it. Im going to try and get out for the ride that is meeting at Coras on appleby and 5 tommorow if mother nature plays nice I will be going here are a couple of pictures of the beastie

Cheers
Peter
View attachment 31498View attachment 31499View attachment 31500

I just picked up a 2014 Yamaha Bolt. LOVE the bike!
I have one question for everyone out here, and I'm new here so I don't know how to start a new thread......

According to the Owner's Manual, it recommends shifting into 2nd at 20, 3rd at 30, 4th at 40, and 5th at 50!
Personally, I think that's pretty ridiculous to be in 5th gear at 50km, but since there's no tachometer (I've only rode sport bikes with full instrumentation up until now) I'm not sure how high I'm revving the bike, and I'm kinda worried about maybe doing damage.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah, don't follow the shift points in the manual. I ride a Stryker, and the Yami manual lists similar ridiculous shift points. These engines like to rev high. You'll feel the right shift points. For me it's usually 2nd at 35, 3rd at 65, and so on. If you shift too soon, you'll find yourself chugging with no torque.

The Bolt is a cool *** bike. Congrats, and welcome to the Star family.

hey yamaha peeps. ive got a virago 250. smallest vtwin available in canada(?!) or is the 125 available here too?! anyhow, vstar is from the virago family so i guess im in?! hahha.

I have one question for everyone out here, and I'm new here so I don't know how to start a new thread......

According to the Owner's Manual, it recommends shifting into 2nd at 20, 3rd at 30, 4th at 40, and 5th at 50!
Personally, I think that's pretty ridiculous to be in 5th gear at 50km, but since there's no tachometer (I've only rode sport bikes with full instrumentation up until now) I'm not sure how high I'm revving the bike, and I'm kinda worried about maybe doing damage.

My Suzuki TU250X doesn't have a tach either. Even though I will eventually slap a little digital one on it someday, you don't really need one. My bike has a rev limiter, and yours probably does too. I would be very surprised if a new model like the Bolt wasn't fuel injected.

Shift according to feel.

03 Roadstar Silverado. Cobra pipes, big air kit, bat wing fairing-fiberglass, old mans back rest, engine guard with highway pegs and a throttle lock. Rode from 100 miles outside of Green Bay WI. yesterday via S.S.Marie, to Burlington. Roughly 850 miles, just over 62000kms. Couldn't be happier!!

03 Roadstar Silverado. Cobra pipes, big air kit, bat wing fairing-fiberglass, old mans back rest, engine guard with highway pegs and a throttle lock. Rode from 100 miles outside of Green Bay WI. yesterday via S.S.Marie, to Burlington. Roughly 850 miles, just over 62000kms. Couldn't be happier!!

We....need....pics.
Welcome.

Yes their shift points are ridiculous. I read in my manual as well. Downhill with a tailwind maybe.

Just picked up an 09 Star 950 myself. 2k over the last few days touring PA ... nice bike! Methinks I'll be keeping this one :)

My ride is a 201 Yamaha Roadstar 1700 Silverado, picked it up early June with 2817 Kms on it. Just flipped 10,000 Kms on Sunday..lol

Unless it is raining good, (like today) I commute 4 days a week to Thornhill from Port Perry and then the other two days to south Oshawa.

Last edited:
Anyone in this thread want to sell their saddlebag brackets? We put hard bags on her '02 Road Star last year that we mounted with edge brackets but find she never wants to take them off. I'm looking for something that won't wiggle so much.

Anyone in this thread want to sell their saddlebag brackets? We put hard bags on her '02 Road Star last year that we mounted with edge brackets but find she never wants to take them off. I'm looking for something that won't wiggle so much.

I have a set... Regular saddle bags brackets. I'll be back in town tomorrow afternoon if you want to pick the up. Send me a PM.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Hi everyone.

I join the ranks tomorrow with an 03 V-Star 650. First time riding since my training course a few weeks ago. If anyone notices a wacky rider on Kingston road tomorrow feel free to stop me and offer some tips :)

Ps. Any suggestions for a new rider?

Take er easy and enjoy the ride!!! That and slow and steady wins the race lol...

aminoooo. Where do u live around? I'm in the pickering area. Been looking for cruisers to ride with. Oscar all my friends are on crotch rockers!

I bought a 2003 V Star 650 1 month ago and love it. I am a new rider and took the course at Durham, to me it is the only way to go! Yesterday I went out for what was to be a short ride and when I looked up I seen a sign that said Algonquin park, I guess I was having a good time! Hope to meet some cruising folks to enjoy the rides with. Attached a pic of my ride.

1004464_10151776714361202_168294743_n.jpg

Attachments

• 1004464_10151776714361202_168294743_n.jpg
    1004464_10151776714361202_168294743_n.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 34
Hi, Thursday past I just bought a 2013 V Star 1300 Deluxe. Love the bike. Will be changing the seat though. Will also need to add a quick release sissy bar in order to get my wife to ride with me. The pic is my old ride and the new ride.

20130811_134005-01.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom