Why ?! Why would you brake check someone when your on the bike ? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why ?! Why would you brake check someone when your on the bike ?

So ... who's fault would this be in an insurance case scenario? I know typically if it's a rear ender then the person from behind gets hit with the fine and charged...but if it's like this...or can be proven (how without video I don't know) that the person intentionally braked hard in order to get hit...I'm curious because I'm sure it happens where a car in front hits the brakes hard for insurance fraud purposes and the poor driver behind gets to pay for the rest of his life for it.

You hope for witnesses. I was in my friend's car (2008 M3) and a shitbox Corolla slammed on the brakes on the 401. Thankfully the 2 people behind us both stopped and were able to talk to the cops. Buddy still got a ticket for following too close but the other guy got Dangerous Driving, a couple others and insurance ruled it 50/50. Better than the alternative

GTFO of the left lane.

Motorcyclist didn't brake check but seemed to roll off the throttle. Not smart, but there is something broken in society when people can do things like drive in the left lane without fear of physical consequences.

GTFO of the left lane.

Motorcyclist didn't brake check but seemed to roll off the throttle. Not smart, but there is something broken in society when people can do things like drive in the left lane without fear of physical consequences.
Are you kidding me? That was all brakes! Something is wrong with society when you CAN'T drive without fear of physical consequences! Btw, this is Russia, you gotta have balls the size of watermelon to ride there.

You hope for witnesses. I was in my friend's car (2008 M3) and a shitbox Corolla slammed on the brakes on the 401. Thankfully the 2 people behind us both stopped and were able to talk to the cops. Buddy still got a ticket for following too close but the other guy got Dangerous Driving, a couple others and insurance ruled it 50/50. Better than the alternative

He must have had a dashcam or something?

Sorry, i saw the car passing multiple vehicles. He had a reason to be in the left lane...Should he have moved over after passing? Sure, but he didnt. This is 100% riders fault....

What kind of an idiots lets go off the throttle to look over the left shoulder...you see him look over, sees his slowing down tramatically then gets on the gas again just so he can brake check the dude...

Move over during that? I'd be sitting there in awe totally shell shock that this guy is actually brake checking me.

After watching the clip I have no idea who is right or wrong but I think it's pretty clear who the loser was and he wasn't walking at the end.

Anybody thinking of trying that brake check crap on the 401, the guy convicted in the article cited above gets his license back this month.

You never know who's on the road - just saying.

Gerry

I'm not so sure that the biker brake checked him the second time.
It looked almost as if the biker wasn't accelerating fast enough for him, so he bumped him.

You can clearly see how dangerous the car get close to the bike when the bike just over took it.

The car wasnt slowing down at all. They're both at fault here.

why should the car slow down, when he's being over taken?
if im going 120 kph, and some one wants to over take me, should they not speed up? isn't that the whole point of over taking?

from that video you cant even call that over taking, it's more like cutting some one off.
when you cut some one off so close, would you jam on the brakes hard?

dumb move by motorcyclist... hes lucky he didnt end up under the car.

It depends on many factors, speed, abs or not, weight of bike, weight of vehicle, what is in the vehicle. It's difficult to make a blank comparison because some bikes stop much faster than others, some vehicles are much slower to stop than others.
#1 selling road car is the Ford Focus, 174ft from 100km/hr. Light hatchback.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2012-ford-focus-sel-test-review

The slowest of supersports bikes (R-1) is 133 feet, a CBR will stop in 126 feet.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/114/6850/Motorcycle-Article/2010-Honda-CBR1000RR-Comparison-Track.aspx

That means at typical gaps on the 401, that hatchback is going right through you. But, you have to consider auto braking distances assume an empty vehicle, driver only, reality is rarely that. 18 wheeler with loads can take up to 600 feet.

I assume an SUV, with half-worn tires, with >55 year old reflexes. Maybe you guys only ride in front of a Corvette ZO6 driven by Ron Fellows, with fresh tires. You have to realize the reality of the road , and while you may be legally in the right, you can be dead right.

Please, please, please, don't try to include weight in your braking calculations.
The focus in your example was braking from 70 mph, not 60, and that extra 10 mph takes a lot of distance.

"Handling package and summer tires Focus 60-0 in 110 feet...The regular SE was a below average 130 feet."

Here's a better link:
http://www.edmunds.com/ford/focus/2013/

Oh and some cruisers do better at braking than SS because they can get more use out of the rear brake.

Edit: and here is a vehicle stopping distance calculator. Notice that it does NOT have an input for type of vehicle. http://forensicdynamics.com/stopping-distance-calculator

Last edited:
I'm not so sure that the biker brake checked him the second time.
It looked almost as if the biker wasn't accelerating fast enough for him, so he bumped him.

I viewed the view 3 times and if you look at the light, I can see that it actually lights up just before the crash, so he did definitely hit the brakes. You can see the car doing a momentary nosedive too so the car DID try to brake but clearly who won the braking challenge ? the bike won, yay !!! who won at the end of the day ? the cage !!! :)

Are you kidding me? That was all brakes! Something is wrong with society when you CAN'T drive without fear of physical consequences! Btw, this is Russia, you gotta have balls the size of watermelon to ride there.

those were some massive cajones he had ... :p

if your balls are bigger than your brain, it ends with a wobble and a slide down the expressway.

I'll be in the xray room for a couple hrs and may be off work for a week, and my bikes a total wreck but I showed that car guy who had it going on.......

Please, please, please, don't try to include weight in your braking calculations.
The focus in your example was braking from 70 mph, not 60, and that extra 10 mph takes a lot of distance.

"Handling package and summer tires Focus 60-0 in 110 feet...The regular SE was a below average 130 feet."

Here's a better link:
http://www.edmunds.com/ford/focus/2013/

Oh and some cruisers do better at braking than SS because they can get more use out of the rear brake.

Edit: and here is a vehicle stopping distance calculator. Notice that it does NOT have an input for type of vehicle. http://forensicdynamics.com/stopping-distance-calculator

Agreed.

Basic-*** Toyota Corolla sedan, automatic, stops in 127 ft from 60 mph: http://www.edmunds.com/toyota/corolla/2010/road-test-specs.html

He must have had a dashcam or something?

No, the car behind us love tapped the rear end of his car after we hit the corolla. The car behind the guy behind us also stopped. Police took witness statements, we were all gonna go to court but the corolla driver plead to Careless and a couple other minor things. Everyone said he slammed on the brakes in the passing lane for no reason, no traffic, etc.

Back
Top Bottom