Why Android is better than iPhone. | Page 96 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why Android is better than iPhone.

when i right click(secondary click), my menu looks similar to this...

only thing is, i have all of those, but with atleast 5 more things to add to that menu, that i have enabled to make my experience better.

wpid895-media_1288900063468.png

obviously the right click menu changes on different occasions of use.

Post #1812 and 1813 should help you out, and if you have more questions, simply ask.

All Mac's don't come with this right click functionality enabled, i enabled mine, as i prefer the right click too.

system_preferences_mouse.png

Thanks for everyones help. I'll try the above when I get back to my Mac. You'll have to pry this Playbook from my fingers first. It works a treat when Im on the run!

edit : Got it now.... thanks! On the trackpad, I need to put two fingers down, then hit the bar.

Last edited:
edit : Got it now.... thanks! On the trackpad, I need to put two fingers down, then hit the bar.

good to know you figured it out, but i prefer to do a right click, to save my other gestures that i use.

a flagship android phone was announced, and none of the android dudes informed folks here of this info...yet!!

a flagship android phone was announced, and none of the android dudes informed folks here of this info...yet!!

The Galaxy S III certainly looks interesting, can't wait to play around with it.

Google seriously has to fix customers' access to the latest OS though. A friend recently got a Galaxy Note, I was amazed that it's still running Gingerbread, seven months after ICS was released. Ios5, which was released at about the same time as ICS, has over 80% adoption. While I think ICS is at around 5%. The average consumer, like my friend with the Note, probably doesn't care. If I was a tech hungry Android user, I would be seriously ****** off though. How can you get people seriously interested in your product if it's not even running the latest and greatest software.

[video=youtube_share;KhEFSDDqRMc]http://youtu.be/KhEFSDDqRMc[/video]

[video=youtube_share;zSejAwOYoXo]http://youtu.be/zSejAwOYoXo[/video]

[video=youtube_share;6h2yrBK7MAY]http://youtu.be/6h2yrBK7MAY[/video]

Apple is booting google maps, and replacing with some kind of Apple type of map system. Analysts are saying this is another significant nail into their coffin.

Here is what the report says :

Uh, no. Apple actually has a bad track record with new software lately. Let's run through it:

• iCloud. Apple's automatic storage system iCloud seems to work fine enough, but it's not exactly blowing the doors off.

• iTunes Match. Mixed bag! We think it's okay, but even ardent Apple fans like Dan Frommer of SplatF have complained about it, saying, "I tried using iTunes Match on [my iPhone 4S], but it was a disaster."

• Ping. This was the social network attached to iTunes. It's not a terrible idea, as Spotify has proven that social
    music
    is something people are interested in. But Apple blew it, and Tim Cook recently hinted that he might kill it.

Microsoft looks to be the underdog favorite in the coming years. A report says it will outsell the iphone by 2016. The new SmartGlass app for Xbox looks like winner.

Better start buying up stock in Microsoft.

My bother who hates everything he's owned (ios, android, blackberry) LOVES his windows phone.

This is my signature

“With the ICS release our core objective as a company is to get all of the hardware vendors onto that platform.”

I mean, he really said that. And it’s unbelievable because it’s perhaps the most epic fail in the history of epic fails. Google’s “core objective as a company” was to get hardware vendors onto Ice Cream Sandwich (aka Android 4.0), and as of June 1 — seven months after the launch of the OS — 7.1 percent of Android phones are actually on it. Seven. Point. One. Percent.

That number isn’t from some ******** survey of a few hundred devices or some propaganda from Apple — it’s the number published by Google itself. And it’s pathetic.

http://techcrunch.com/2012/06/06/seven-point-one-percent/

Get the manufacturer customization out of the way + the carrier customization out of the way and you prolly would have a very different situation.

The openess of android makes it its biggest strength to the curious user, but a big flaw to the user who doesnt know what hes doing for stuff like that.

The developper community is amazing and theyre making ROMs that are awesome, with added features and capabilities that make the OS that much better and let other devices get said OS before the manufacturer or carrier get their own trafficked version out.
Apple is like a monotheist religion, preach and theyll listen and follow
RIM is like greek/roman/egyptian mythology, ends up killing itself
Android is like science, a lot of clutter but once you know how to 'control' the tool, its a very powerful one.
“With the ICS release our core objective as a company is to get all of the hardware vendors onto that platform.”

I mean, he really said that. And it’s unbelievable because it’s perhaps the most epic fail in the history of epic fails. Google’s “core objective as a company” was to get hardware vendors onto Ice Cream Sandwich (aka Android 4.0), and as of June 1 — seven months after the launch of the OS — 7.1 percent of Android phones are actually on it. Seven. Point. One. Percent.

That number isn’t from some ******** survey of a few hundred devices or some propaganda from Apple — it’s the number published by Google itself. And it’s pathetic.

http://techcrunch.com/2012/06/06/seven-point-one-percent/

Get the manufacturer customization out of the way + the carrier customization out of the way and you prolly would have a very different situation.

The openess of android makes it its biggest strength to the curious user, but a big flaw to the user who doesnt know what hes doing for stuff like that.

The developper community is amazing and theyre making ROMs that are awesome, with added features and capabilities that make the OS that much better and let other devices get said OS before the manufacturer or carrier get their own trafficked version out.
Apple is like a monotheist religion, preach and theyll listen and follow
RIM is like greek/roman/egyptian mythology, ends up killing itself
Android is like science, a lot of clutter but once you know how to 'control' the tool, its a very powerful one.

Personally, I hate fiddling with my technology, I just want it to work and do what I need. I'm a techie person, try explaining what a ROM is to the hoi polloi. You think your average user is really going to try and figure out how to get a custom ROM onto their phone, even root their phone?

Apple is, to my knowledge, the only phone company to say F you to the carriers, keeping their grubby hands off Apple's hardware/software. The user experience is much better as a result. Google is now paying the price for bending to the carriers' demands. Far too many older Android phones, even current models, do not have easy access to ICS. I would say this is the biggest issue affecting the Android experience right now, and sadly I don't see any easy solution for them.

Only thing I can think of is if they create and release their own phone, completely inhouse. Not too far fetched once the dust settles on the Motorola buyout.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I suspect the Android updates work something like this.
- Google releases new OS
- The phone manufacturer "customizes/skins" the OS to suit their wants and sends it to carriers retailing the phone
- The carrier then hides any features they don't want, and further customizes the phone
- Updated OS becomes available to end consumer, a long time after the OS is initially released

That's a lot of steps that many manufacturers/carriers don't bother with for non current models, even some current models. Even if Google cuts out the carriers, which is highly unlikely, they still have to get the phone co's on board. Google can't release OS's directly to the customers since there are so many different models with various specs

Apple's update process goes something like this
- Apple releases new OS
- Customer downloads new OS

Simple, eh? Any user of an iphone, three models old or newer, can get the latest OS on the first day that it's released.

Personally, I hate fiddling with my technology, I just want it to work and do what I need. I'm a techie person, try explaining what a ROM is to the hoi polloi. You think your average user is really going to try and figure out how to get a custom ROM onto their phone, even root their phone?
{....}

I totally agree with your point of view. Different types of phones for different users right ?! :)

I cant take it away from apple that upgrading is simple as phok! But at the same time the fact that everything is hermetically closed limits it to a certain type of users.. but even then a bigger majority dont give a damn about customizing and thats the product they need.

I guess we both agree that google's openness is a double edged sword. Im a techie too and OMG id never want to have to walkthrough those people from 1950-1970s through unlocking/rooting and rom installing (for some reason they dont get technology as well as the other age brackets lol).
Gotta say after the 1st time you do it its veryyyy easy to update etc... and for what its worth, id say my phone is working a lot better (amazingly improved battery life, smoother/faster, more pleasant customizable functions)

But thats the thing, when you start an OS with the idea that its going to be open and can be modified by anyone, of course manufacturers and carriers are going to try to 'differentiate' themselves otherwise whats the point of buying one model over another if they all have the same exact features :).

Im curious to see how windows phone is gonna survive in the market though !

i will eat an Apple on Monday.

Personally, I hate fiddling with my technology, I just want it to work and do what I need.
The user experience is much better as a result. I would say this is the biggest issue affecting the Android experience right now, and sadly I don't see any easy solution for them.

Apple's update process goes something like this
- Apple releases new OS
- Customer downloads new OS

Simple, eh? Any user of an iphone, three models old or newer, can get the latest OS on the first day that it's released.

I read posts like this, and laugh.

I just watched Kevin Oleary on "Lang and Oleary Exchange" tonight. The subject turned to smartphones, and Kevin holds up his old iphone, and his new Samsung and goes on and on and on and on and on about how great the Samsung is. He says the iphone is "70s technology" compared to the new Samsung....rofl. And goes on about how much better, and easier the Samsung is to use, the better bigger screen, simple to use interface, how incredibly easy it was to set up and sync all his google contacts and email, etc etc. He's a 57 year old non techie. It was quite amusing to watch.

Jus sayin.

O'Leary is a non-techie?! For F-sakes, the guy made his millions starting a software company! I guess Gates must be a non-techie too, just because he is old.

O'Leary started a software company in the basement of a small Toronto home along with partners John Freeman and Gary Babcock. His mother provided the seed investment of $10,000, which he used to start software publisher SoftKey. Softkey products typically consisted of software intended for home audiences, especially compilation discs containing various freeware or shareware game software packaged in a "jewel-case" CD-ROM. By 1994, Softkey had become a major consolidator in the educational software market, acquiring no less than sixty rivals, such as WordStar and Spinnaker Software. In 1995, Softkey acquired The Learning Company (TLC) for $606 million, moved its headquarters to Boston, and took The Learning Company as its name. TLC bought its former rivalBrøderbund in June 1998 for $416 million. In 1999, The Learning Company and its 467 software titles were acquired by Mattel in a $3.8 billion stock swap.[SUP][5][/SUP] Sales and earnings for Mattel soon dropped, and O'Leary departed from Mattel. The purchase by Mattel was later called one of the most disastrous acquisitions in history

I read posts like this, and laugh.

I just watched Kevin Oleary on "Lang and Oleary Exchange" tonight. The subject turned to smartphones, and Kevin holds up his old iphone, and his new Samsung and goes on and on and on and on and on about how great the Samsung is. He says the iphone is "70s technology" compared to the new Samsung....rofl. And goes on about how much better, and easier the Samsung is to use, the better bigger screen, simple to use interface, how incredibly easy it was to set up and sync all his google contacts and email, etc etc. He's a 57 year old non techie. It was quite amusing to watch.

Jus sayin.

O'Leary is a non-techie?! For F-sakes, the guy made his millions starting a software company! I guess Gates must be a non-techie too, just because he is old.

And you really think a multi billionaire who owns and runs numerous companies, appears on numerous tv shows, and who knows what else he does in his life has time to fart around with the programming of his google phone??? rofl.

He went on to say about how GREAT the Samsung was for him and how EASY it was to set up and use.

Back
Top Bottom