Why Android is better than iPhone. | Page 36 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why Android is better than iPhone.

did you know that this is a Mac, so small, how did they fit all that technology in that little Luxurious Box. i'm WoWed.
and i am wearing my apple T shirt.
Mac Mini

overview_hero1_20100615.png

features_portdiagram_20100615.jpg

and you can use it with your existing stuff, or hook it up to your HDTV(HDMI).

features_mix_img2_20100615.jpg

Last edited:
overview_hero3_20100719.png

just a reminder

when the white iphone shows up, im gonna replace my screens to the white version, its easy.
should only cost about $27 each.

gallery02-20101116.jpg

Last edited:
So now that we've established that there is nothing magic in the hardware or the OS, we're now going to go on about peripherals.
When I look down on my desk I see a Logitech keyboard and mouse, a Mac keyboard and mouse and two IBM model M keyboards (it's a big desk).
I am typing this on a Mac keyboard, not a fancy one like yours, one of the clear ones, I hope that makes you able to read this better, you being a mac guy and all.
From this end it is mostly the same... but it is no IBM model M.
The model M was and still is THE BEST, BAR NONE keyboard ever produced.
One of mine was manufactured in 1986, the other in 1993, both still going strong. A lady I know thought her model M was getting dirty so she ran it through a cycle in the dishwasher. Still works.
The key action is EXACTLY the same as an IBM Selectmatic (I'm begining to hate this Mac keyboard. There's no legs to prop it it up and it keeps slipping off the sticky notes pads underneath) typewriter (you know, the one that taught people how to type fast, the one with the ball, the one that set the standard for a human interface parser device [that's computer talk for keyboard], the one that was the first widely available word processor... Ya that one.)
Mac can make pretty stuff, but I personally value (that's a key word in this discussion) function over form.
As an aside: How much did that nifty Mac keyboard cost? If I remember correctly MSLP on a IBM model M in 1995 was almost $300. I doubt I have ever spent more than $15 on a keyboard.

... and the pictures you posted look better on this Mac in Firefox than on my linux pc with firefox. It must be a Mac thing.

Hey like I said man... its okay, I know some people prefer cheap disposable computers and peripherals because they don't enjoy the finer things in life.

If I wanted to feel like a homeless guy using his first computer I'd buy this keyboard too. 9 out of 10 poor PC cheezie-fingered nerds recommend it!

IBM-Model-M-Keyboard.jpg

And when independent benchmarks prove that claim to be a lie, will you go back to the good ol' "it doesn't matter because my I-Toaster gives a better user experience"? :cool:

exactly

Whatever you wanna tell yourself. The fact is if someone offered you a Ducati for that FZR right now you'd jump naked into Lake Ontario to close the deal.

Apple is that Ducati, my friend. The finer things in life...

specious comparison.

yes the ducati is prettier, but to be accurate, that ducati would have to be built by the same company that builds hyosungs, royal enfields, and moto guzzi, while using multi-sourced components from china--and continue to be priced at 2.5x what a similar jap bike would be.

put it that way, and i'll be buying the jap bike every time.

but that's how you roll--devoid of facts, so let's throw out an inaccurate analogy.

ferrari with a slushbox. . .we've come full circle

Well I guess now we're firmly on the ground of "Android is just as good as iPhone", then. Same components, same factories. Design is irrelevant, user experience doesn't matter, and marketing is just advertising, so it doesn't matter either.

Case closed, thread title answered. Android is not better than iPhone.

Now hopefully all those stupid customers out there will finally listen to you! But my guess is that they'll likely continue "missing the point", and keep buying the phone they like, which is so obviously the wrong thing to do.

--- D

i don't think you can make that generalization that reliability is 100% correlated with build quality. components have a factor--and we've seen just how unique apple components are, lol.

likewise i still have yet to see any conclusive evidence that foxconn builds apple products any better than the other halo products they build.

oh, and if by 'made' you ascribe that function with apple, you must be referring to handing a spec sheet to lg/sharp/toshiba. i have yet to find a source that credits apple with designing the retina display, beyond specifying physical and performance characteristics.

So again no proof that the Retina Display is the same one in the Sharp. Thats what I thought....again...smh.

what is that? android.......android sounds terrible and looks terrible,ewww!!
how come the buttons are so big?, is that what bb users like?

will that thing transfer a virus to my "Big Mac"?, i named my Mac.

that was $300?

Hey like I said man... its okay, I know some people prefer cheap disposable computers and peripherals because they don't enjoy the finer things in life.

If I wanted to feel like a homeless guy using his first computer I'd buy this keyboard too. 9 out of 10 poor PC cheezie-fingered nerds recommend it!

Cheap and disposable? Do you have a problem with reading comprehension?
Cheap: $300 bucks in 1995 is approx. $435 today.
Is your nifty luxurious Mac keyboard worth $435. Nope, not in my books. I could buy a set of tires for that. I paid less for the quad XEON HP power work station, that can still beat up anything Mac ever made, that I am typing on now.
Disposable: Did you not get the part that I said one of those keyboards is 24 years old and the other is 17 years old.
DO YOU HAVE A FUNCTIONING MAC KEYBOARD OF THAT VINTAGE? I didn't think so (I do, but I don't use it).
The PRIME reason I like the IBM model M is it NOT disposable, unlike EVERY other keyboard I have seen.

I am not surprised you use a Ducati as a motorcycle comparison to Mac.
You've drunk the Ducati koolaid too.
Ducati IS to the motorcycle world what Mac is to the computer world. An over priced, over HYPED product that sells for the most part on advertising and image, not REALITY.

Disclosure: I own a couple of Macs and still have one Ducati left in the fleet (A REAL Ducati, a Dr. T Ducati, before Ducati's were bastardized by Cagiva).

You know WHY "9 out of 10 poor PC cheezie-fingered nerds recommend...." the IBM model M keyboard?
' cuz when we get cheezies stuck in the keys we can clean it and keep using the keyboard.
You Mac guys either replace your luxurious keyboards at a highly inflated price often or don't eat cheezies.
I get to eat cheezies cuz' I am not a slave to my computer! (I actually hate eating cheezies)
FREE THE MAC USER, LET HIM EAT CHEEZIES!!!!

Oh yeah: I am back to the linux pc, and i don't feel any less profound.

ps: If you know any homeless people with a IBM model M keyboard, I'll give them $50 for it.

Well I guess now we're firmly on the ground of "Android is just as good as iPhone", then. Same components, same factories. Design is irrelevant, user experience doesn't matter, and marketing is just advertising, so it doesn't matter either.

Case closed, thread title answered. Android is not better than iPhone.

Now hopefully all those stupid customers out there will finally listen to you! But my guess is that they'll likely continue "missing the point", and keep buying the phone they like, which is so obviously the wrong thing to do.

--- D

there will always be a market for apple products because there will always be people who: a) highly value a dead simple user friendly os, b) are willing to pay a premium for something that looks pretty, and c) will want a consumer item that markets itself with a particular status.

they will not care if it is actually the best product out there as long as some combination of a, b, and c is satisfied.

So again no proof that the Retina Display is the same one in the Sharp. Thats what I thought....again...smh.

no one can have the retina display, because i'm pretty sure apple has trademarked the name.

you yourself said that even if it has the same specs, it isn't a retina display.

however, stevie j defines a retina display as simply a product that pushes 300+dpi, which the sharp panel does. yet by your criteria, any panel that eclipses 300dpi is not a retina display, even though it would have identical (or better) specs, and would look the same to the naked eye.

in the interest of understanding the quasi-cult that is apple-dom, i wandered into the iStuff store at the local mall and had a good laugh as a salesperson there actually convinced a customer that an extended warranty was NOT an extended warranty.

it's like the wizard of oz--pay no a

Last edited:
You can buy a Model M keyboard for about $70, cleaned up and shipped. If I were still using a desktop machine, that's the keyboard that I'd buy and wouldn't regret spending $70 on as it would outlast anything ever produced by one of Apple's suppliers. My buddy spilled a bit of Coke on his $70 Mac keyboard and it took a couple of hours of shopping for distilled water, rinsing, soaking, re-rinsing and re-soaking, before we got it working again. Still better than buying a new one.
By the way, I still don't see what Mac Mini has on any typical nettop.. Most of them come with comparable hardware specs (hell, pretty much the same hardware), including gigabit/hdmi/4-6 USB ports/card reader. Other than a bit beefier CPU (which is not surprising after a year or so in the IT market), it has nothing on my Revo (running as a media center with Ubuntu+XBMC), other than a logo and a heftier price.

"It looks like President Barack Obama might be a MacHead, because when given the opportunity to call out someone as the best example of a man who has achieved the American dream he picked out Steve Jobs over everyone else."

Ducati IS to the motorcycle world what Mac is to the computer world. An over priced, over HYPED product that sells for the most part on advertising and image, not REALITY.

maybe i should grab a ducati next season, i'll think about it.

weird thing is, i had cheezies last night, only 8-10 tho.

By the way, I still don't see what Mac Mini has on any typical nettop.. Most of them come with comparable hardware specs (hell, pretty much the same hardware), including gigabit/hdmi/4-6 USB ports/card reader. Other than a bit beefier CPU (which is not surprising after a year or so in the IT market), it has nothing on my Revo (running as a media center with Ubuntu+XBMC), other than a logo and a heftier price.

would you ever own a Mac?
which one?
did you ever wander into the apple store too?

Cheap and disposable? Do you have a problem with reading comprehension?
Cheap: $300 bucks in 1995 is approx. $435 today.
Is your nifty luxurious Mac keyboard worth $435. Nope, not in my books. I could buy a set of tires for that. I paid less for the quad XEON HP power work station, that can still beat up anything Mac ever made, that I am typing on now.
Disposable: Did you not get the part that I said one of those keyboards is 24 years old and the other is 17 years old.
DO YOU HAVE A FUNCTIONING MAC KEYBOARD OF THAT VINTAGE? I didn't think so (I do, but I don't use it).
The PRIME reason I like the IBM model M is it NOT disposable, unlike EVERY other keyboard I have seen.

Disclosure: I own a couple of Macs and still have one Ducati left in the fleet (A REAL Ducati, a Dr. T Ducati, before Ducati's were bastardized by Cagiva).

You know WHY "9 out of 10 poor PC cheezie-fingered nerds recommend...." the IBM model M keyboard?
' cuz when we get cheezies stuck in the keys we can clean it and keep using the keyboard.
You Mac guys either replace your luxurious keyboards at a highly inflated price often or don't eat cheezies.
I get to eat cheezies cuz' I am not a slave to my computer! (I actually hate eating cheezies)

Oh yeah: I am back to the linux pc, and i don't feel any less profound.

ps: If you know any homeless people with a IBM model M keyboard, I'll give them $50 for it.

Thats a really long post just to say that you're poor and like crappy old computer parts that you label 'vintage' to make yourself feel better.

iPhones and iPads Take Over The Italian Parliament

In spite of the major conflicts and debates going on right now in the Italian Parliament, it seems like every member agrees on one thing: getting an Apple device for Christmas. As noted by iSpazio, members and senators from PD, PDL (Italian Prime Minister Berlusconi’s party) and FLI are all getting iPads from Santa.

It is unknown whether the devices will be gifted as a “bonus” for personal use or will be deployed for work purposes in the Parliament. We read about the iPad being used by congressmen at the U.S. House of Representatives before, and at the White House, too. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Italian Parliament coming up with its own apps to check on daily appointements, logs and activities.

As iSpazio also notes, members of FLI will be able to choose from iPads and iPhones. Not bad! Why not giving away some Macs as well at this point? I think members would enjoy an awesome app like Screens.

Bittz is gonna come back here any second to tell us about how he spent $200 on 4mb of RAM back 20 years ago so it must be better than the ram in my Macbook Pro. Its VINTAGE, ya know.. plus its automatically awesome cuz it cost FIFTY BUCKS PER MEG!

The Financial Times has declared Steve Jobs their 'Person of the Year'.

Person of the year, CEO of the decade, company of the millenium... sounds about right. Apple is unstoppable. Thats what happens when you make well priced high end products for the consumer market.

Person of the year, CEO of the decade, company of the millenium... sounds about right. Apple is unstoppable. Thats what happens when you make well priced high end products for the consumer market.

No one's unstoppable. Apple has been doing a good job for a while now. Maybe they'll keep it up, maybe they won't. But if their opponents think that IBM M-type keyboards are the next best thing, then I don't think Apple has to start worrying any time soon.

Back
Top Bottom