Why Android is better than iPhone. | Page 186 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why Android is better than iPhone.

The LCD, digitizer and glass are all one assembly that is why it is so expensive.

Plus labour. Its pretty labour intensive. I had to use tweezers, was a pain

Sent from my phone using my paws

Just broke my Nexus 7. Fell two feet to the ground in a padded case and the impact was not that bad but the screen cracked. Apparently it is a common problem. The price to replace the screen $175 plus shipping. New tablet is $209. Goggles manufacturing cost is only $153. Costs more to replace the screen than to manufacture a new one.

Try calling Google, maybe they'd be willing to replace it as a goodwill gesture, or at least discount it?

Try calling Google, maybe they'd be willing to replace it as a goodwill gesture, or at least discount it?

They tell you to call Asus. Asus will not budge on the price.

They tell you to call Asus. Asus will not budge on the price.

Sh1tty. If they're selling it as a Google product, they should stand behind it.

I dropped my galaxy note 50 times since I got it. Solid as a tank. No damages or scratches to the naked eye.

Tried an LG Optimus for a couple of weeks, coming from an iPhone 4s.

Honestly, the Android was cool to begin with, but annoyances kept creeping up. Biggest one, and not really the phones fault, my corporate lock on company phones forced me to enter the passcode before I could preview text messages. On iPhone, didn't need to do that.

Minor annoyances ruined it for me. Camera sucked, was blurry and sensitive to movement. When someone would text me a photo, I couldn't save it to my phone!! It'd ask to put it as background photo for my phone or share it, no download. When answering texts, if the last keyboard option I chose was symbols, when I got a new text messages, the keyboard would pop up with symbols as well - annoying to switch back to letters. It was also too big, couldn't surf the net on it with just one hand holding it.

Pluses - the google search right in the top of the home screen was cool. Screen had great resolution, and for two handed browsing was really good. Blazing fast LTE.
I liked the idea of the widgets too.

Went back to iPhone. I'm sure there was a bunch of Android customization I missed, but in the end I...just...didn't....care..to.

Goodbye installous. HELLO much better vshare.

Apple and google should have app trial. So many apps promise the world but actually suck.

When the iPad 3 came out, the guy said "nothing is more important than the display". Then for the iPad mini he says "If you’re really into the book you’re reading, you don’t think about what paper it’s printed on."

Regarding performance, again iPad 3: "Games look incredible."
iPad mini: "Not once did I feel that the mini was inadequate in horsepower. I don’t really play games on the iPad mini"

Thing about always being on the cutting edge of trends is, you have to lie to yourself a lot.

The Android slide-down notification bar is amazing, however, the iPhone notification system is horrendous. On Android, if you want, your Facebook contacts can be integrated into your phonebook. This a feature which the iPhone lacks.

Latest iOS has this feature, had to specifically disable it, didn't want my face book friends in my address book

The Android slide-down notification bar is amazing, however, the iPhone notification system is horrendous. On Android, if you want, your Facebook contacts can be integrated into your phonebook. This a feature which the iPhone lacks.

this thread is not for you....you are confusing yourself.

they both have their pluses, etc(notification)... although Android have an edge for sure, especially with 4.2+ OS.

the contacts thing is there for both, but easier on android, with a menu to select contact directories to use...individual or all.

Last edited:
I have a year old galaxy nexus now and while many things are better than iPhone, notifications arent it. I was very surprised by this, actually.

I have a year old galaxy nexus now and while many things are better than iPhone, notifications arent it. I was very surprised by this, actually.

If you were to be honest, we all know which smart phone platform is the real notification champ.

I switched to this phone permanently and I'm being honest. My jailbroken iPhone had better notifications.

When I get emails or texts or Facebook notifications the gnex does nothing except vibrate. My iPhone turned on the screen and actually showed some of the delivered content and allowed direct replies etc.

I switched to this phone permanently and I'm being honest. My jailbroken iPhone had better notifications.

When I get emails or texts or Facebook notifications the gnex does nothing except vibrate. My iPhone turned on the screen and actually showed some of the delivered content and allowed direct replies etc.

girlfriend's infuse 4g just plays a noise and puts a little marker up in the top left corner...

Yeah its kinda pathetic actually.

Otherwise android 4.2.1 is light years ahead of where this OS was a year ago. Its finally as smooth and responsive as iOS. Customizability is definitely a little better, and so far the bigger screen is nice. I don't keep the phone in a case so its still relatively portable.

Apps are still better in iOS though. The same apps in Android aren't as stable or nicely designed.

Back
Top Bottom