Why Android is better than iPhone. | Page 164 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why Android is better than iPhone.

Based on the experience my girlfriend has with her infuse 4g and I have with my iPhone 4 I have less complaints. Her phone often reboots randomly, the wifi sucks and gets poor battery life. She shuts her phone off at night so that it can reboot and get network messages sent to it when powered back on and is constantly getting "notifications" that her phone isn't running as good as it should and she needs to buy software to fix it. My iPhone is almost a year older, has bug fixes and feature development for the os, i leave the thing on 24/7 with zero issues (uptime in the period of months) and I've only had one random reboot. When I asked her why my phone didn't have the problems (notably battery life issues) hers did I was told this was because I have an iPhone and her issues are what you normally get with a smart phone.

I'm told androids problems can be fixed by installing software to manage the phone better(some it at a price). I bought my iPhone because it works and I didn't need to hack it to make it work well or the way I want it to.
With android you have
entry-level phones
mid-level phones
high-end phones

Id rate the infuse 4g at the lower end of the mid-level phone spectrum as its basically a re-hashed Galaxy S1. So comparing a "high-end" iPhone with a lower-mid-level phone doesn't really work.

"notifications" of phone not running as good as it should are caused by her downloading crap apps (which usually she could avoid by reading 2-3 reviews or checking the star ratings on the play store, too many 1 stars should ring a bell)

The ONLY reason i have issues with my phone are cause i play with the OS and kernels, voltage and what not WAY TOO MUCH. When i leave it alone its very stable. And i have 3-5 friends with the same Galaxy Nexus who don't have any problems at all with the stock OS. And they also get the updates fast since its Nexus devices.

Basically because you have more choice with android, you have to shop a little and not buy the first cheap phone you find or that the salesman tries to push to you. Otherwise look at your friend's recommendations from their experiences and it might help guide you in the right path :)

With android you have
entry-level phones
mid-level phones
high-end phones

Id rate the infuse 4g at the lower end of the mid-level phone spectrum as its basically a re-hashed Galaxy S1. So comparing a "high-end" iPhone with a lower-mid-level phone doesn't really work.

"notifications" of phone not running as good as it should are caused by her downloading crap apps (which usually she could avoid by reading 2-3 reviews or checking the star ratings on the play store, too many 1 stars should ring a bell)

The ONLY reason i have issues with my phone are cause i play with the OS and kernels, voltage and what not WAY TOO MUCH. When i leave it alone its very stable. And i have 3-5 friends with the same Galaxy Nexus who don't have any problems at all with the stock OS. And they also get the updates fast since its Nexus devices.

Basically because you have more choice with android, you have to shop a little and not buy the first cheap phone you find or that the salesman tries to push to you. Otherwise look at your friend's recommendations from their experiences and it might help guide you in the right path :)

At the time the infuse 4g came out it was comparable to the iPhone 4 (which is 2 generations old... hardly considered high end), on paper better camera, bigger screen (which means more space for battery) and a comparable processor. on paper it's faster connection speeds but given that we live in quinte west, we're not even on the LTE coming soon list (why pay for tech you will almost never get to use?). and yes i realize that those crap apps are the cause, but i see them as akin to malware, something i don't really have to deal with on my iPhone, even though there are plenty of crap apps on iOS, they can't masquerade and send notices pretending to be system notifications telling you to update and buy programs.

The Infuse is a high end phone. I had one. It is a very nice unit.

It is easy to flash ICS or Jellbean on it. I had Jellybean running just fine when I sold mine.
It is fast and smooth.

I don't think you flashed the phone properly or you used the wrong modem/baseband/radio hence the bat battery life and crappy reception.
When that phone is setup properly it has zero problems.

The Infuse is a high end phone. I had one. It is a very nice unit.

It is easy to flash ICS or Jellbean on it. I had Jellybean running just fine when I sold mine.
It is fast and smooth.

I don't think you flashed the phone properly or you used the wrong modem/baseband/radio hence the bat battery life and crappy reception.
When that phone is setup properly it has zero problems.
Phone is stock, no flashing

At the time the infuse 4g came out it was comparable to the iPhone 4 (which is 2 generations old... hardly considered high end), on paper better camera, bigger screen (which means more space for battery) and a comparable processor. on paper it's faster connection speeds but given that we live in quinte west, we're not even on the LTE coming soon list (why pay for tech you will almost never get to use?). and yes i realize that those crap apps are the cause, but i see them as akin to malware, something i don't really have to deal with on my iPhone, even though there are plenty of crap apps on iOS, they can't masquerade and send notices pretending to be system notifications telling you to update and buy programs.
You can say its akin to malware...i say its the ads that make those crap apps free.
Usually if you pay for an app, you dont have to worry about that on Android.

Infuse 4g is a re-hashed Galaxy S1, it came out mid 2011. so it's basically built from the Galaxy S1 with 'upgraded' display/internals. 2011 was the year of the galaxy s2 which would of been a better choice at that point in time for her.
It's on gingerbread, which unfortunately is an older OS (galaxy s2 got upgraded to ICS, the newer OS that came out late 2011)
So i don't encourage to get those "carrier variants" of the phones, like "infuse, captivate and all that jibba jabba"
Get the international version, "the more mainstream ones", if you want to get more support for your device on the long run! :)

You can say its akin to malware...i say its the ads that make those crap apps free.

Infuse 4g is a re-hashed Galaxy S1, it came out mid 2011. so it's basically built from the Galaxy S1 with 'upgraded' display/internals. 2011 was the year of the galaxy s2 which would of been a better choice at that point in time for her.
It's on gingerbread, which unfortunately is an older OS (galaxy s2 got upgraded to ICS, the newer OS that came out late 2011)
So i don't encourage to get those "carrier variants" of the phones, like "infuse, captivate and all that jibba jabba"
Get the international version, "the more mainstream ones", if you want to get more support for your device on the long run! :)

and how is the average consumer to know this?

and how is the average consumer to know this?
By researching what you buy before you buy it...
Like you should before buying most products these days.

Due dilligence! :)

Phone is stock, no flashing

Flashing the Infuse to ICS or JB takes 3 steps and about 20 minutes.
Flash it to JB. It's a very good phone.

I get that, but the average consumer (the one that walks into the store and only has the marketing media available for research) doesn't spend hours on blogs, reviews and reports trying to figure out what mhz and GB's mean. get what I'm saying?

Apple does a really good job of explaining to the average joe "here's a phone, it just works as you would expect" done.

[video=youtube;Os87PLlyU4k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Os87PLlyU4k#![/video]

Apple issues blow up immediately. My grandma wouldn't be surprised by iphone 4's antenna issues. While I was looking in to buying an android phone, one x seemed to be a good phone. Well it appears it has major problems with it's wifi and gps antenna. It took quite a lot of digging to get to that.

Apple issues blow up immediately. My grandma wouldn't be surprised by iphone 4's antenna issues. While I was looking in to buying an android phone, one x seemed to be a good phone. Well it appears it has major problems with it's wifi and gps antenna. It took quite a lot of digging to get to that.

I must say HTC have some hardware issues with their phones. I had 2 Evo 3D. The 1st one had a speaker problem and I returned it, the 2nd one has a screen problem. I've read other people had other issues with their phones too. Their software is OK

Apple issues blow up immediately.

...which is insanely good for the consumer, because **** gets remedied QUICK

Unlike Samsung, which sometimes carries the same problems onto multiple devices :lol:

BTW, Google Nexus 4 announcement was brilliant. The latest Android phone, from Google, without LTE or expandable storage, for a measly $309 without a contract. I may buy one.

3mbit? iPhone 4S can do 14.4mbps on HSPA+ and newer phones could go as high as 42mbps all without LTE.

Currently, I have no clue why anyone would need more than that on a phone... in the case of a 4S that's almost 2MB/sec downloads. :lol: that **** is ridiculous, and thats a previous gen phone.

Google knows whats up. Nexus 4 is a serious phone, and it doesn't need expandable storage or LTE.

Thing is, I have free apps with advertising on my iPhone but none of them try to trick me into buying other crappy apps to fix issues that may or may not be real. That's where the akin to malware comes in.

BTW, Google Nexus 4 announcement was brilliant. The latest Android phone, from Google, without LTE or expandable storage, for a measly $309 without a contract. I may buy one.

^^ This

They will sell a boatload of these phones. I can't stand LG products, but this one can't be that bad. The specs on it at this price point, quad cores, 2mb ram, etc..... is simply unheard of.

Its great too that you can buy it and take it to any carrier and you don't have to worry about all the bloatware that the carriers put on it either or silly contracts. And you always get the latest OS updates FAST, right from google, instead of waiting for the friggin carriers.

Besides, if you really want LTE, you can get the virtually identical twin to the Nexus 4.....the LG Optimus G. You'll pay more for it, but it does come with LTE.

Last edited:
If apple released a phone without LTE(in these times), headlines everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom