Why Android is better than iPhone. | Page 163 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why Android is better than iPhone.

iPad who?

The Nexus 10 features a 10.1-inch PLS (plane-to-line switching) panel with 2,560x1,600-pixel resolution, displaying 299 pixels per inch (ppi). This announcement comes not a week after Apple announced its fourth-generation iPad, with a lower 2,048x1,536-pixel-resolution, 264ppi screen.
You'll be able to get a Nexus 10 in two memory configurations starting on November 13: $399

n4tvzq.png

Nexus 4 looks good, but the SH-02E kills it. Bigger, lower power screen. On top of that 16.3mp rear cam and water/dust proof.

It's not just this thread. Every review out there of every phone out there compares it to the iPhone.

Its a great comparison.... it just reinforces to everyone how underspec'd and overpriced the Apple stuff is. Nevermind all their expensive proprietary cables, retarded itunes and Apple propaganda garbage.

The specs on the Google stuff is outstanding....... and the price points??? Fasten your OMG belt. We're in for a massacre in the market.

Its a great comparison.... it just reinforces to everyone how underspec'd and overpriced the Apple stuff is. Nevermind all their expensive proprietary cables, retarded itunes and Apple propaganda garbage.

The specs on the Google stuff is outstanding....... and the price points??? Fasten your OMG belt. We're in for a massacre in the market.

underspec'd ? Comparing specs is quite useless. Faster CPU, blah, upgrade rom, blah WHO CARES? At the end of the day apple has a super stable platform that performs very well. Android is quirkier.

expensive proprietary cables? You can walk in any dollar store and find dirt cheap accessories for iPhones. You can get a charger at any gastation in the world.

Last edited:
Also andoid needs more cpu and ram because it's java based. Java is a resource hog compared to C, which is used by iOS. More processing requires more battery. Comparing them head to head is kind of pointless considering there are major differences between the OS.

Jon Ive replacing Forstall could be the best thing to happen at Apple since Jobs' comeback. Jobs gave Ive unprecedented control over product development and design, and they were very like-minded individuals.

Great news for Apple.

Jon Ive replacing Forstall could be the best thing to happen at Apple since Jobs' comeback. Jobs gave Ive unprecedented control over product development and design, and they were very like-minded individuals.

Great news for Apple.

Sounds to me like Forstall was most like Jobs than anybody else and a key player and major architect of the current Apple as we know it.

Perhaps its not so great news for Apple?

:laughing3:

Of Forstall :

As the man behind the system that ran Apple's industry-changing iPhone and iPad, Forstall had been considered a favorite to replace Jobs as CEO after Jobs' death last October. More recently, Apple observers pegged Forstall, 43, as the next in line behind Cook.

"Many felt he was the most logical choice to continue Jobs' legacy of innovation at Apple, where 70% of revenue now comes from the mobile devices that iOS powers."He was as close to Steve as anybody at the company," Andy Miller, former head of Apple's iAd group, told Businessweek last year. "When he says stuff, people listen."

Forstall has been with Apple since 1997 and, in addition to guiding iOS, is one of the original architects of the company's desktop and laptop software,

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/29/tech/mobile/forstall-leaving-apple/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

May wanna read about Ive and his relationship with Jobs, and also his outlook on iOS design and implementation.

Jobs gave Ive untouchable status at Apple.

"He has more operational power than anyone else at Apple except me" - Jobs referring to Ive

Before his death in 2011 Steve Jobs declared to Apple CEO Tim Cook "that the future, the soul of Apple will probably be represented by Jony Ive."

http://www.mac-history.net/steve-jobs/2012-01-30/the-legend-of-steve-jobs-his-life-and-career

Don't bet against Ive.

I don't see why.

Today's announcement sound like a bloody genius move by Cook... and moves like this are planned long ahead of time, so it tells me that Cook has a vision for the company besides just hanging onto what already exists. Giving Ive power over the entire user experience, instead of just hardware, is basically giving Steve Jobs' old position to Ive (without the title of CEO)

I'll admit things were looking pretty stale at Apple but today's announcement is the best news that could come from that camp. I wonder if Wall St. will pick up on it.

I don't see why.

Today's announcement sound like a bloody genius move by Cook... and moves like this are planned long ahead of time, so it tells me that Cook has a vision for the company besides just hanging onto what already exists. .

Well, if Apple is trying to out do Hurricane Sandy in the disaster department........ they have succeeded in spades, cos Apple is facing a corporate disaster.

Moves like this planned for a long time? Your "bloody genius" Cook.....his first major hire as top dog at the Big A was the guy they just kicked out....Retail Boss, John Browett. He didnt even last 9 months on the job! COOK was responsible for hiring this guy. Lousy decision from a lousy CEO.

Cook ultimately is to take the blame for the maps fiasco. He knew it was quarter baked, and ultimately its his (IMHO, lousy decision to green light it).

His leadership skills are clearly lagging. He might be a good businessman, but he ain't no leader. Esp for a major tech company.

He's been at the helm for what a year now? What has he done? Brought out a mini ipad? Released a buggy iOS6? Lousy maps?

He's a lousy leader. He wont last.

Also andoid needs more cpu and ram because it's java based. Java is a resource hog compared to C, which is used by iOS. More processing requires more battery. Comparing them head to head is kind of pointless considering there are major differences between the OS.
At their roots they have more in common than you think, just that android is more accessible from a kernel/coding pov. At the end of the day they're both Linux based os's. Just like what bb 10 is basing their new os on.

At their roots they have more in common than you think, just that android is more accessible from a kernel/coding pov. At the end of the day they're both Linux based os's. Just like what bb 10 is basing their new os on.

Their roots are Linux but the run time environment is very different(Java vs C).

Based on the experience my girlfriend has with her infuse 4g and I have with my iPhone 4 I have less complaints. Her phone often reboots randomly, the wifi sucks and gets poor battery life. She shuts her phone off at night so that it can reboot and get network messages sent to it when powered back on and is constantly getting "notifications" that her phone isn't running as good as it should and she needs to buy software to fix it. My iPhone is almost a year older, has bug fixes and feature development for the os, i leave the thing on 24/7 with zero issues (uptime in the period of months) and I've only had one random reboot. When I asked her why my phone didn't have the problems (notably battery life issues) hers did I was told this was because I have an iPhone and her issues are what you normally get with a smart phone.

I'm told androids problems can be fixed by installing software to manage the phone better(some it at a price). I bought my iPhone because it works and I didn't need to hack it to make it work well or the way I want it to.

Back
Top Bottom