Who's still riding? (Fall 2017 / Winter 2018 edition) | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall 2017 / Winter 2018 edition)

Today would have been a great day to ride, 7 C and no rain until 7p. Unfortunately I have obligations after work that require me to take the cage. To make it worse the next few days are looking like a lot of rain and then I'm gone for the weekend in the cage. I guess I will have to get out next Monday and Tuesday.

I went out and switched the tender between bikes today, which was a bit of an exercise in hilarity with one arm, however that’s another story.

Rolled up the garage door and wished I could actually go for a ride, it was kinda nice out here around 1pm....

<grumble>

Did you really check the weather. You would not want to be in it. 2 feet of snow. wind gusting to 60-80 clicks. Vis was definitely IFR. Just `orrible. Better off staying in. No matter what the weather channel tells you.
Just look at this. Out of my back door. You are grounded.
Hope this helps.

Did you really check the weather. You would not want to be in it. 2 feet of snow. wind gusting to 60-80 clicks. Vis was definitely IFR. Just `orrible. Better off staying in. No matter what the weather channel tells you.
Hope this helps.
Now youre making me want to snowmobile.
:p hahaha

This year didn't get in as much riding as I usually do, so took the bike to top up the tank today. Miss the heated grips on my older one, but well withing riding temps today.

still riding. although the other night i rode home from the ACC after a raptors game, and there was ice frozen onto my bike. i guess it must have rained while i was at the game and the temperature drastically dropped to almost -15 c. damn that was one brief but super cold ride home.

still riding. although the other night i rode home from the ACC after a raptors game, and there was ice frozen onto my bike. i guess it must have rained while i was at the game and the temperature drastically dropped to almost -15 c. damn that was one brief but super cold ride home.

Nah thats just because the raptors never get hot from 3 point range

Amazing what half decent rain gear can do. Steady rain for the hour commute tonight and I'm as dry as if I'd driven the cage.
Could smell some burnt rubber at stop signs though. The only thing I could see in the dark is that the chain is too slack. I think it may be slapping the plastic chain guard when down shifting. I'll have to look when I have daylight

Sent from my X5max_PRO using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Hope this helps.

LOL. But what if I’m IFR rated? ;)

Normally I would still be riding till the snow fell and stuck around. Bought a house and moving next week. New place does not have a garage yet and won't be doing anything till the spring so parked my bike at work for the winter while I deal with all things house related and moving.

I went out yesterday for most of mid morning and the afternoon. Was great. I hope to get one more day in next week. But the weather isn't look to good. A day in December would be great to tool around downtown and check out the Christmas decorations around the city.

Some almost flurries on the ride home, wasn't as cold as i thought it would be. -3 tonight, waffling on riding tomorrow..but Monday and Tuesday look awesome!

Tucked three of the bikes away for the winter today ....CBF still available and if I get some breathing space from biz I'll ride locally ..

Got some heavy lines of snow on the way home between Vaughn and Port Perry. Roads were all fine though.

..Tom

I'm definitely tapping out for tomorrow, but most of next week looks doable. Too bad the weekend looks like a write off too. ?

Sent from my HTC U11 using GTAM mobile app

Back
Top Bottom