Who's still riding? (Fall 2017 / Winter 2018 edition) | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall 2017 / Winter 2018 edition)

Nice ride to work this morning. No wind the last 2 days. I hit some leaves left on the ground on the way back yesterday, it's kind of scary thought. Look like ....drifting.

Nice ride to work this morning. No wind the last 2 days. I hit some leaves left on the ground on the way back yesterday, it's kind of scary thought. Look like ....drifting.
I had city crew literally blowing the leaves onto the street as i was riding. Packs of wet leaves... even in the cage, in a corner it makes it sketchy

ugh

I went out and switched the tender between bikes today, which was a bit of an exercise in hilarity with one arm, however that’s another story.

Rolled up the garage door and wished I could actually go for a ride, it was kinda nice out here around 1pm....

<grumble>

Were you on DVP NB at Don Mills around 7:50 am today?

Nope, i live further north.

On another note i think i felt colder going home, maybe because its stop and go and the adrenaline is subdued. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't mind going out this week but Pirelli corsa rosso tires are too slick and im scared any salt or debris could slide the balance. i need to get a bike with some knobbly tires to ride year round. ive gone into hibernation for now, getting to cold for my liking. i see the odd riders still out but mosty cruisers and choppers with some groves in their tires, haven't seen a sport bike in at least a week.

Used to run my Pirelli Supercorsa tires till the snow stayed on the ground....down to about -10C. Soft rubber was better than thread depth.

hoping to get out for a little tomorrow during the day. been itching to ride all week. the cage has been driving me crazy.

It was pretty decent out. Did a quick run and did some errands in the afternoon. Wish I could kept riding.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

It was pretty decent out. Did a quick run and did some errands in the afternoon. Wish I could kept riding.

What? You were out and didn't get a photo? ?

I found the commute today better than much of last week. Every morning it's a game day decision if I'm gonna ride though. So far the ride has won most days.

Sent from my HTC U11 using GTAM mobile app

Had a great ride into work and home tonight. Fingers were getting a little numb this morning but the ride home was much more comfortable with the snowmobile mitts.
I wouldn't say there isn't added risk in riding at this time of year, shorter daylight hours possibly being the biggest single risk factor.
Forecast looks rainy tomorrow night, not sure which vehicle is going to win out

Sent from my X5max_PRO using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I will ride any day there isn't ice or snow on the roads or a likelihood of it. Lake effect snow is a big factor on my 70 to 80 km (depending on how I head to work) commute each way.

..Tom

What? You were out and didn't get a photo? 

I found the commute today better than much of last week. Every morning it's a game day decision if I'm gonna ride though. So far the ride has won most days.

I know, your last tag is a little trickier then it seems. I think I know the vivacity but Google is not helping me out.

At least I picked up some better socks which should help out with these chilly days. ;)

I know, your last tag is a little trickier then it seems. I think I know the vivacity but Google is not helping me out.

At least I picked up some better socks which should help out with these chilly days. ;)
I updated the post with a better picture so you might have better luck now. ?

Sent from my HTC U11 using GTAM mobile app

I'll double check in the morning but if the rain isn't due in Toronto until 5pm then i'll head into work a half hr earlier to make it home before that starts.

my forecast shows rain after 7PM
I'll double check in the morning but if the rain isn't due in Toronto until 5pm then i'll head into work a half hr earlier to make it home before that starts.

It was a fine ride in today. A bit brisk, but easily handled by the wire.

Back
Top Bottom