Who's still riding? (Fall 2017 / Winter 2018 edition) | Page 21 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall 2017 / Winter 2018 edition)

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/14-day-weather-trend/ontario/mississauga

-Wox5o6sZ-XzGQGkjqRvlCRLN_dYZ0Xovc-_bn6mCcrUN3D5z--NIIR2Bt9voK38TyXIONS8XVaoMD_n73He_7GmsUT5Y0sdQty9pXzMlcCt-nEz7L-UnTKo9hBO8s9HtJQewhjseFaV3XUE2w6zybvGfKuCVMIBZi5WLHrpjylZMSObPswqIOm7oYbG0rfzAFfupYCEVZO1Fb2fCHS_z4mXNAm5oi_ZztJGUT2DlHRBtasWSaPG03OZEFNUqdBsPLeOocYYPu5LgtxwxWWEbmUWXRA8lWtpgzgiFF6w-AFjaSxmFWGh0G1oGIlLvF-1CsvuUsr7bIP3ZDn_MPjraS2CguAAYS9Emq9hnE55JtVXLltS3s0oK2eBPh0gndFxBFldw9vyM-zYCSC396aeRNHSb6BKnX1Qv1hiHt6wo-dMkJkhji_cxuhaAaWBP8HratCcFp_JDfSY7N9sfQSL02Nap4yWEiejefX2qsoHi0PW79eB_FIuS1ff40-F-YrD5jJtqpRD3QsFu4hyOn1KLwWaMw3Kn2GJloibN5YVguBoIZBstXroMaTlYzZK__HrrY9YoVGIFzbg4kNsVlMajsymsTscFkoMZoniSWi4Rqc=w2012-h604-no

giphy.gif
Yup, I tossed the cover on mine when I got home tonight, fully expecting she won't be coming out again until March. :(

I'm riding tomorrow morning at 5am, will see if the cold actually lingers.

-10 with windchill on dry conditions should be alright

A week of this and black ice becomes a real risk. We have to move house in Feb so a good reason now to organize all the motorcycle gear. Fortunately I just filled the the tank the battery is fresh.

Yup, I tossed the cover on mine when I got home tonight, fully expecting she won't be coming out again until March. :(

March is a bit early no? I always found april to be suitable

March is a bit early no? I always found april to be suitable
I'm being optimistic that we get that super short blast of warm days in March we've had the last few years - just enough to kick off the dust then winter comes back with a vengeance!

Sent from my HTC U11 using GTAM mobile app

Kkkkkkkkudus to the hardcore still out there.
cold_biker.jpg
careful out there.

Left the bike out to see how the battery was freezing....instant start again, Nice. Shorai rocks.

Last edited:
Fine ride in this morning. Saw one other bike going north on Dufferin near the 401. A little cool on the finger tips, even with liner gloves and the grips turned up to 3. They did put some brine down last night, but it was pretty much dried so not an issue. With highs in the minuses for the next 2 weeks, the ride decisions will be one morning at a time.

Time to through the studded tires on the dirt bike and wait for the lakes to freeze!

Was out for 3 hr on Monday, temp about 4 degrees up here on the shores of Georgian Bay. Buddy from Mississauga called today to go riding with him but I had to say no because we were supposed to get snow squalls. Squalls didn't happen, also I don't ride below freezing temps, afraid of hitting black ice. I never put the bike away because in most years I get to ride it every month.

Watching the snow fall, now I am thinking who out there is still riding putting us all to shame??? :eek:

I knew I should have took a run yesterday with that sun out....

I will be putting mine away shortly, likely this weekend. I always make sure she is easily accessible just in case we get a nice day. :)

I will be putting mine away shortly, likely this weekend. I always make sure she is easily accessible just in case we get a nice day. :)
then you'd have to wash her again after riding in all that salt :(

hmmm ... the little snowflakes i saw on my walk prevented me from taking it this morning.

i really wanna ride though this week :S

then you'd have to wash her again after riding in all that salt :(

Hopefully the days will be nice enough to wash her also, but if not then she goes away salty. My bike is in great condition but definitely not a trailer queen ;).

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppa View Post
then you'd have to wash her again after riding in all that salt

get over the salt crap .....washing it would make it worse and really modern motorcycles are not subject to salt corrosion.
stop scaring people their motorcycle will fall to pieces
It's not a boat.

Salt might be slippery but crystal salt on the bike does squat .....washing it with a pressure hose just drives it into electrics that might be sensitive

Last edited:
get over the salt crap .....washing it would make it worse and really modern motorcycles are not subject to salt corrosion.
stop scaring people their motorcycle will fall to pieces
It's not a boat.

Salt might be slippery but crystal salt on the bike does squat .....washing it with a pressure hose just drives it into electrics that might be sensitive

Who said anything about washing with a pressure washer?

Back
Top Bottom