Who's still riding? (Fall 2017 / Winter 2018 edition) | Page 20 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall 2017 / Winter 2018 edition)

I spend an hour thoroughly cleaning the bike and setting up mouse traps, won’t be riding till April most likely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the CBF doesn't start this afternoon I might be putting it away as well instead of a new battery.
Bit early for me but don't fancy putting in a new battery a beginning of winter especially as I'm considering a Shorai.

If the CBF doesn't start this afternoon I might be putting it away as well instead of a new battery.
Bit early for me but don't fancy putting in a new battery a beginning of winter especially as I'm considering a Shorai.

Bought myself a Shorai 3 years ago. Kept it 3 months before I put it on the bike. Was able to check how well it holds a charge. Was stable with a constant reading of 13.6.
Cold mornings I put the lights on for it to warm the battery up. 60 seconds or so. Never a problem.
The one stupid thing I did was not pack it down securely and the battery bounced around. Which tore the terminals off.
Other than that very happy with it.

such a beautiful day in the city, get out there people, it's probably the very last sunny warm day before snowfalls in the coming days.

Thanks for that ...they supply good packing material to fit the battery and the CBF cage is tight.

I already have a Shorai charger and my KLR in Australia has been bullet proof with a Shorai for going on 4 years now despite the extreme heat and rare use for 9 months of the year.
Buddy that stores it is always impressed how well it holds a charge.
I am thinking of keeping the battery indoors for the winter tho.

Found the correct one in the GTA for $249 - the correct Yuasa is not much different in price which I think is a bit of a rip.

Tried the Strom the other day when showing it for sale....fired right up.....good old mule.

Thanks for that ...they supply good packing material to fit the battery and the CBF cage is tight.

I already have a Shorai charger and my KLR in Australia has been bullet proof with a Shorai for going on 4 years now despite the extreme heat and rare use for 9 months of the year.
Buddy that stores it is always impressed how well it holds a charge.
I am thinking of keeping the battery indoors for the winter tho.

Found the correct one in the GTA for $249 - the correct Yuasa is not much different in price which I think is a bit of a rip.

Tried the Strom the other day when showing it for sale....fired right up.....good old mule.

You are more than welcome.
I too also have the Shorai charger. Hardly ever use it.
Merry Christmas.

It's been great 3-4 days each week and waaay better than taking the bus, so I'm gonna keep going day by day and avoid the wet.
I need to find some sort of neck cover, my Star helmet lets the wind up near my ears. Any suggestions for something windproof? And how do I stop it from falling down?

I wear a balaclava from Running Room that does a great job keeping my head and neck warm.

They have one regular $45 on sale for $16 right now called the “running room x-fitted balaclava” that might be worth checking out.

Beautiful day for a ride! Went to meet with a prospective buyer (no deal as it was too 'kids bike' for him) but ended up going for a boot. Felt good to be out there...maybe will keep the bike. LoL

get out there if you can!

It's been great 3-4 days each week and waaay better than taking the bus, so I'm gonna keep going day by day and avoid the wet.
I need to find some sort of neck cover, my Star helmet lets the wind up near my ears. Any suggestions for something windproof? And how do I stop it from falling down?

Take your pick

https://www.sail.ca/en/catalogsearch/result/?q=Balaclava

Us hunters know a thing or 2 as well about keeping warm, and wind proof...

I wish ....hopefully tomorrow with a fresh battery. Looks like my battery was from 2011 so it's time for a new one. Going lithium this time

Saw someone on a black cruiser on Highway 2 out this way while walking back from physio. Jealous.

I was out today. Decent, lost of moisture in the air making it a bit cool.

I ride with a half helmet an sunglasses, I don't feel I need a neck warmer etc. Though it does have removable side covers over the ears I think they are helping my head. Otherwise I don't feel cold. What is weird the back of my neck feels it sometimes with the wind, mostly when I am stopped...strange.

Tomorrow is looking iffy

Last edited:
Just saw this at Costco Vaughan (427 & 7)
4cf12daebb43af2d087f5c15b829b47d.jpg
e65070a938bb1cb4041f1042036d07ad.jpg

Bought one for myself.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Like wow ..those Shorai's crank - started instantly so I'm ready to roll once the last bits of the front move out.

Bike started instantly ...has never done that since I had it. Likes the big juice.

Nice ride up the 403/410 ....no one else at the Forks so I;'ll head home before the temps start to drop and traffic.

Just a very nice ride for December...cross wind was just a tad annoying but that was an eager machine.,.looking forward to being here for the spring for once.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom