Who's still riding? (Fall 2017 / Winter 2018 edition) | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall 2017 / Winter 2018 edition)

I really enjoy the surprised looks - followed closely by shaking heads - on my trip to school each morning. This week has been great with the sun up but it won't last long

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Haha yeah I'm the only regular bike commuter still out there at my office, I get a lot of looks or comments when they see me come in in my gear. I'll drag this out as long as I can!

Sent from my HTC U11 using GTAM mobile app

I'm seeing brine marks on some of the local roads here in Mississauga, so end of season is almost here, another week or so and then ST will get its winter storage prep.

Tomorrow looks like a decent day so hoping to do Ridge Road and area back roads, then maybe NOTL and Niagara Parkway to Fort Erie.

today in the morning was cold as ****... Im just heading out for some fun right now, whats left of it. bundle up with some underarmour and its all good.

I didn't have a chance to get out this weekend but I was out on friday (or maybe it was thursday). I'll try to get out pretty much anytime it's > 5C for the next few weeks.

really wanted to get out today :(
( might yet but not looking too likely ) ...stayed up too late and got up late and behind on work

Tomorrow for sure

Could you please share where? I want to buy a heated jacket and gloves not just for riding.

If you are looking for good value check out the Warm and Safe site. They offer trade up specials and coupons as well. If the Waterproof Heated Liner does it for you then add it to your cart and then enter WPCOLORS-E to get a 40% discount.

http://www.warmnsafe.com/waterproof-mens-heated-liner-in-colors/

By using coupon code ST-Owners.com on select products you get 18% off. Works on the Gen 4 liner ( US $240 reduced to US $ 197) and Classic Gloves ($130 reduced to US $107) probable other products as well

Saw someone out on Highway 2 today in my neck of the woods while I was walking home from physiotherapy.

It's getting quieter though, 99% of the non hardcore crowd are finished.

If you are looking for good value check out the Warm and Safe site. They offer trade up specials and coupons as well. If the Waterproof Heated Liner does it for you then add it to your cart and then enter WPCOLORS-E to get a 40% discount.

By using coupon code ST-Owners.com on select products you get 18% off. Works on the Gen 4 liner ( US $240 reduced to US $ 197) and Classic Gloves ($130 reduced to US $107) probable other products as well

Thanks, I appreciate it :)

Tons of good riding still to do this season, if you are equipped for the temps. Today was really nice, sunny and clear.

I am looking for heated gear that I can charge at home/work. Don't really want to connect anything to the bike.

The heated gloves from FirstGear are really easy to connect to bike. 5 min as long as battery accessible. Work the charm under overgloves.

Socks the same tho I'm using the ThermaCell insoles which are not hooked to the bike and seem adequate and quick to charge. I could not find battery heated socks that I trusted.

There is a lot of power needed in a cold 100 kph+ wind flow so keep that in mind.

I did find a heat vest with battery nice but it's rare that body core needs it. The Thermacell sound good for you since you want for other than bike use.

Last edited:

Warm n Safe makes great product and takes care of their clients! Highly recommended!

..Tom

I'm seeing brine marks on some of the local roads here in Mississauga, so end of season is almost here, another week or so and then ST will get its winter storage prep.

Tomorrow looks like a decent day so hoping to do Ridge Road and area back roads, then maybe NOTL and Niagara Parkway to Fort Erie.

I start work a bit later on Wednesdays and had to detour up to Newmarket on my ride in to work this morning. Every road of any significance in York Region seemed to be brined. I haven't noticed any in Durham region yet though.

..Tom

I am looking for heated gear that I can charge at home/work. Don't really want to connect anything to the bike.

Unless you are doing really short rides or are going to carry backup very warm gear I wouldn't recommend battery operated. Running out of charge could be deadly.

Hooking up to the batter is pretty easy... when my wife and I rented a couple of Harley's in Arizona a few years ago we hooked up the heated gear to the rental bikes in a few minutes. Yes we have the traditional "Pirate" look but we were warm and comfy when temperatures dropped to near freezing in the evening.

It really is very quick and easy to do.. hardest part we had was figuring out how to get to the batteries.

..Tom

Tons of good riding still to do this season, if you are equipped for the temps. Today was really nice, sunny and clear.

I have been riding every day and haven't had a single bug splat in quite a while now...

..Tom

BTW I use the Generation Waterproof Liner and recently got the Classic Style Men's Heated Gloves and Ultimate Touring Men' Heated Gloves. The Ultimate's have a waterproof liner built in and have proven to be completely waterproof. The Classic style don't have the liner and are a bit thinner and lighter. Both are much more flexible and comfy than the Gerbing's they replaced without hot-spots or other issues. I also have the Warm n Safe Dual Remote Control and am really happy with it to the point that I got one for my wife this fall for her Warm n Safe jacket.

..Tom

Scraping the windshield on the truck this morning made the decision for me. Weather forecast shows snow this weekend. A battery powered banana hammock might keep your nuts from retreating, but it doesn't do jack **** for your tire compound at below freezing temps. Just got home from taking the bike to my garage for the winter. I put a shot of stabilizer in the tank before driving there. I'll get to the rest of the storage prep in the next week or so, just wanted to get it in there before snow.

Back
Top Bottom