Who bought weed? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who bought weed?

ha!

But seriously, OCS, where ma weed at? I just called for the first time (I'm a patient fella), and got a message saying "due to high (get it?) volume of calls ... we are not answering calls" WTF is that?

All gov't jokes aside, how does any organization **** something up this badly?

HIDs run hot and use a ton of power too. The LED lights run cool. I use them for growing coral along with some power compact fluorescents and coral are very demanding. I’m trying to work out a way of just running LEDs on my aquarium.
Don't mean to detour, but if you're looking for anything aquarium related, I'm a Hagen dealer. Let me know what you're after and I can price you out.
And for anyone else looking for grow lights, aquaponics or aquaculture equipment, let me know. I supply everything from massive commercial operations right down to hobbyists.

Don't mean to detour, but if you're looking for anything aquarium related, I'm a Hagen dealer. Let me know what you're after and I can price you out.
And for anyone else looking for grow lights, aquaponics or aquaculture equipment, let me know. I supply everything from massive commercial operations right down to hobbyists.

At this rate, it seems likely that I could get some lights from you, watch the youtubes "how to grow your own" videos, and come up with a smokeable plant before my ocs delivery gets here

Got shipping confirmation this morning, ordered on the 19th.. Ordered budmail the same day and its still in BC, postal service is slow as hell!

ha!

But seriously, OCS, where ma weed at? I just called for the first time (I'm a patient fella), and got a message saying "due to high (get it?) volume of calls ... we are not answering calls" WTF is that?

All gov't jokes aside, how does any organization **** something up this badly?

Calling canada customs gets you the same message. They must share a call centre.

Apparently they got 100,000 orders in the first 24 hours and were entirely ill equipped to deal with that volume.

I spoke to an insider today apparently the suppliers need 6 months to get caught up and stabilize the supply. OCS is likely to be 3 weeks behind on deliveries if you place an order today... ****ing cray cray

That 19watt light is not sufficient for growing pot. Maybe I missed others lights.
If you want high quality weed- you want a 600 watt HID light with reflector - for 4 plants grown to about 2.5 to 3.5' tall. A ventilation exhaust fan will be necessary (80-200 cfm). Get the quietest fan you can find. Tons of how to YOUTUBE vids are available. You should be able to get a 600 watt plug and play w reflector for $299-$399 at a local grow shop. A spare room or den with a window to exhaust out of is ideal.
I have one of these (1200watt) with integrated exhaust & bulbcooler. I ran it for 2 months then got a WTF hydro bill - that 1 bulb setup cost $60/month in electricity! Might not be bad for growing weed, I was growing lettuce.

I switched to 2x 50W LED ($5/mo). It produced the same result. I figure 100W of grow spec LEDs do the same as 1200W HID.

I spoke to an insider today apparently the suppliers need 6 months to get caught up and stabilize the supply. OCS is likely to be 3 weeks behind on deliveries if you place an order today... ****ing cray cray

Doesn't make any sense. Ontario's population is ~14M, and say a conservative 5% smoke pot. Assuming not everyone will order gvmt buds on day one, and only one-fifth think, "heck, let's try this, if only for the novelty," that's 140,000 people ordering within the first few days. They really should have assumed greater demand and if they were over-stocked, a smooth operation and good reviews would have convinced others to try it, thereby using up the over-stock. Seems incredibly short sighted that they missed by this much, claiming 'overwhelming' demand.

I was at their facility earlier this week. They have serious issues.

Just as important as the number of orders.. is the amounts that were ordered. I've heard them state the number of orders placed, but don't recall them mentioning the amount of weed they've sold in those orders.

Thank you for placing Order 7xxxx with the OCS. I apologize for the delay in getting your package to you.

Our staff have been working around the clock to fulfill customer orders – we have received over 150,000 orders since legalization.

The huge volume and complications related to rotating strikes and mail backlogs at Canada Post will mean longer-than-expected delivery times for some people.

While many orders have been shipped, customers will continue to see delivery times that are longer than anticipated. Please rest assured that you will receive a Canada Post tracking number when your order is ready to ship.

The OCS has taken steps to increase capacity at our processing facility to help meet this great demand so that we can get more packages out to customers.

I thank you for your patience as we continue to process orders. We are committed to the highest standard of customer service, and we are taking steps to ensure we can achieve this standard.

Last edited:
Thank you for placing Order 7xxxx with the OCS. I apologize for the delay in getting your package to you.

Our staff have been working around the clock to fulfill customer orders – we have received over 150,000 orders since legalization.

The huge volume and complications related to rotating strikes and mail backlogs at Canada Post will mean longer-than-expected delivery times for some people.

While many orders have been shipped, customers will continue to see delivery times that are longer than anticipated. Please rest assured that you will receive a Canada Post tracking number when your order is ready to ship.

The OCS has taken steps to increase capacity at our processing facility to help meet this great demand so that we can get more packages out to customers.

I thank you for your patience as we continue to process orders. We are committed to the highest standard of customer service, and we are taking steps to ensure we can achieve this standard.
Nice to see they gave you a response, however bland it may be. So perhaps their number ordering hasn't reset, only a claimed 150k, I was order #124xxx on the 19th and mine shipped on Friday

Standard form reply.

I got the exact same one when I emailed them.

stocks took a beating
but based on the demand
this is going to be massive
Gov dropped the ball
retail dropped the ball
but it will recover past these first few months of prohibition repeal
industry will be a monster

bought a 600w hid light at the hydroponic shop in brantford and set it up at a family members place. $260+ tax; plug and play ( 3 year warranty). included the reflector, and he threw in 4 10L pots. Good price when compared to some other hydroponic stores - near online price; and supporting a brick and mortar local business.

worked out to be an easy setup. used a small 7' by 8' room that already had a clothes dryer vent going outside. Cleaned up the room spic and span, painted the concrete floor grey, and the walls a very reflective flat white. Bought 5 feminized (all female) seed packet at the hydroponic store too - $50 for nirvana swiss cheese seeds (in their original packaging). seeds were planted on saturday, and two seeds have already sprouted this morning. He's just tickled pink with the set up.

Last edited:
I have one of these (1200watt) with integrated exhaust & bulbcooler. I ran it for 2 months then got a WTF hydro bill - that 1 bulb setup cost $60/month in electricity! Might not be bad for growing weed, I was growing lettuce.

I switched to 2x 50W LED ($5/mo). It produced the same result. I figure 100W of grow spec LEDs do the same as 1200W HID.

I don't think a 1200 watt hid light fixture has one bulb, but rather two 600watt bulbs? or did I miss the introduction of 1200watt bulbs?
LED vs hid argument has been going on a long time. Its kind of like a motor oil thread here on the gta.
I would use what the commercial industry is using today - and those are hid's for flowering.

Got my order today, scaled out to 7.1g, couple big nugs and some small ones, that's how I like it. Great packaging and labeling, claiming 9.12% THC and 6.24% CBD. I'm not used to any CBD at all but very seasoned with extremely high THC levels (25%+ flower, every sort of concentrate). Love it! Feels stronger than its claim, maybe that's the CBD. Very well cured, sticky and dense, busts up nice. For $53 I'm impressed, will order again

Back
Top Bottom