Which generators? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Which generators?

^Because they've been brainwashed by GTAM into thinking they're junk/loud/going to catch fire??
You got a good one, some other people have got good ones. But I have never heard of a honda or yamaha failing prematurely. But i have heard dozens of times in a very small sample size about the "other" generators failing in all kinds if ways, even right out of the box. I myself had a Hyundai fail after 5 race rounds. Maybe it's 50/50 with some, maybe 80/20 with champion these days. But 99.9% of the time that honda or yammy is going to work for you.

You got a good one, some other people have got good ones. But I have never heard of a honda or yamaha failing prematurely. But i have heard dozens of times in a very small sample size about the "other" generators failing in all kinds if ways, even right out of the box. I myself had a Hyundai fail after 5 race rounds. Maybe it's 50/50 with some, maybe 80/20 with champion these days. But 99.9% of the time that honda or yammy is going to work for you.
Dave Noble had a Honda 2000 fail on him, went out with cold tires. it is however the only time I have heard of one failing.

Regardless of the warmers or generator, I take my tires' temperature before i go out. They go on sale for 39 often

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mastercraft-digital-temperature-reader-0574554p.html

Champion should start making sport bikes for half the price, seems like a lot of people would like to save a few thousand and track/race one

Who knew generators can be such a contentious subjects. Thanks for everyone's contribution.

I guess I may not even need warmers and generator if I'm not even keeping pace. Being new that probably won't be able to.

Who knew generators can be such a contentious subjects. Thanks for everyone's contribution.

I guess I may not even need warmers and generator if I'm not even keeping pace. Being new that probably won't be able to.
why don't you just get a good hyper sport road tire, that's all ya need if your just going out to have some fun, I run dot's and warmers because I can afford it and I just go out and have a good time.

moe got one last year. quieter than my honda, which maybe for sale, since i got a hyundia 2200 now. quiet and good power. just heavy.

why don't you just get a good hyper sport road tire, that's all ya need if your just going out to have some fun, I run dot's and warmers because I can afford it and I just go out and have a good time.

This is what I've been thinking also. Last year at Calabogie after failing sound check I had to ride my girlfriend's bike. She has Q3's on it and they worked great for me riding in red group. When I started track riding I ran super/hypersport street tires at a pretty quick pace with no issues.

The warmers and slicks came with the bike. It would be similar cost to buy new DOTs and change the tires versus just getting a Champion 2000. So I figure I should just get a Champ and use up the slicks for this season. Better long term investment. I realize it's not a top of the line 99.9% reliable generator. But I'm not convinced I need something of that nature for the 6-8 times I'll use it each summer. I'm just out there to have fun and going fast is part of the equation.

Maybe I can find some nice people that'll let me plug in for pocket money, so I can wait until July to get something on sale!

Last edited:
Hold on, those slicks aren't going to last an entire season. Your probably going to end up with less mielage from them than you expect. If you were to just save the slicks until your ready for them and spoon on some street rubber you'd be better off. If you plan to do 6-8 track days plan on using 3 sets of tires or more depending on your pace/track/setup.

dricked; If you plan to do 6-8 track days plan on using 3 sets of tires or more depending on your pace/track/setup.[/QUOTE said:
man that would be awsum. im like 2 rears per track day, 3 if they are scrubbed.

This is what I've been thinking also. Last year at Calabogie after failing sound check I had to ride my girlfriend's bike. She has Q3's on it and they worked great for me riding in red group. When I started track riding I ran super/hypersport street tires at a pretty quick pace with no issues.
My buddy Jay end up with cracked ribs at SOAR for running Q3's - They worked great until they overheated and got greasy so flying he went from a high side (it was a reverse configuration BTW)
10364166_10154144080695328_4374182011941732559_n.jpg

for a green group rider I would agree with Q3's, for a red group rider I wouldn't recommend them at all.

Last edited:
I have the powerhouse from Costco almost as quiet as a Honda and reliable so far.

sent from a device using a program

So the Yamaha EF2000 is considered a solid choice?
Internet searches often place it above the Honda in ratings.

Is $1000 a reasonable price on a new one?

I won't be using it for tire warmers, but I would like it if it could run my furnace (and furnace only) if I am out of power for an extended period of time. My furnace blower fan motor is rated at 115v x 6.4a = ~750 Watts? So I suspect 1600W with 2000W peak should be plenty powerful enough?

Primarily I would use it for camping, emergency backup, peace of mind... I would get a cheaper one, but I want an inverter gen set so I don't need to worry about my furnace's board, or my TV/router/cable modem if I used it for that.

So the Yamaha EF2000 is considered a solid choice?
Internet searches often place it above the Honda in ratings.

Is $1000 a reasonable price on a new one?

I won't be using it for tire warmers, but I would like it if it could run my furnace (and furnace only) if I am out of power for an extended period of time. My furnace blower fan motor is rated at 115v x 6.4a = ~750 Watts? So I suspect 1600W with 2000W peak should be plenty powerful enough?

Primarily I would use it for camping, emergency backup, peace of mind... I would get a cheaper one, but I want an inverter gen set so I don't need to worry about my furnace's board, or my TV/router/cable modem if I used it for that.

I have the yamaha 2300 inverter. during the ice storm i ran the furnace, a fridge or freezer (not both at the same time with the furnace on) modem, tv, and lights without any problem. i used approx 1 tank of gas per day.

My buddy Jay end up with cracked ribs at SOAR for running Q3's - They worked great until they overheated and got greasy so flying he went from a high side (it was a reverse configuration BTW)

for a green group rider I would agree with Q3's, for a red group rider I wouldn't recommend them at all.

I wasn't saying racing on Q3. We all know that pretty quick red pace at something like 2-3 seconds slower than race pace makes a huge difference. That day at 'bogie was 31 degrees. She would come in from green group, I'd jump on the bike and go right out in red, so the tires were certainly warmed up for me.

10364166_10154144080695328_4374182011941732559_n.jpg

ummmmm... is this during an event? with trailers and such just off to the sides?????????? please someone say no!

Back
Top Bottom