Which generators? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Which generators?

if your not fast enough, you wont get any benefit from slicks even if you have a genny and warmers. If you cant work the tire to build temp, you will drop temp every lap.

At TMP and Shannonville 15 Celcius ambient temp you will loose heat. Unless you are a very aggressive rider out of the gate. That's Fact!
Bogie at 10 C you will maintain temp,, Grand Bend is between 10 and 15 C but with the wind it usually is very hard to build or maintain at that temp.
The hotter the carcass when you go out the more the carcass flexes. The more it flexes the more heat you make. No warmers , no heat,, cool weather,,,
It's just inevitable.
So if you go out with no warmers on slicks at 15 C you are not building any heat. No matter how long you stay out. And don't confuse surface heat with "heat" By heat I mean heat soaked. So the inside of the carcass is over 80 C and the rim is over 35C

Ryobi also has a decent inverter type.

If you do go with a "loud one" just get there early. Then all the whiners pitted beside you. It's a track, supposed to be loud. Run it all you want between 8 and 5. Outside of those hours, be respectful that you do own a loud genny.

if your not fast enough, you wont get any benefit from slicks even if you have a genny and warmers. If you cant work the tire to build temp, you will drop temp every lap.

To add to what racepro171 says,, ALL race tires are designed for tire warmers. So the next statement is,, "well I'm not going fast enough for warmers" Well now you are not carrying the same corner speed but the acceleration hit out of the corner is usually greater then a faster rider. So you carry less speed in and to the apex then whack it full on when you get to the exit. So the grip you need as a slower rider is different but you still need heat. And you will cold tear the most with that type of throttle application. Which is typically a novice application. Which is also the best way to high side a cold tire.

Yellowduck has a Champion inverter and I found it to be about the same volume as most Hondas or Yamahas.

I bought that lightly used and it has not been perfectly reliable. One weekend it was surging like crazy, annoying the neighbours. I was able to fix it (Champion customer service is awesome - the guy replied to my email within a few hours with an illustrated .pdf on how to clean the pilot jet or whatever it was). So yeah, $450 used but then some trouble. I couldn't find a Honda or Yamaha for twice that money at the time.

This is not a topic that has a black and white answer.
But the answer is very specific to each individual.
Take your budget and look at what you can afford to get everything you need. If all you can afford is a
loud noisy generator,, well maybe look at an inverter. Most tow vehicles are quiet and when sitting there are just a generator with wheels.
One less thing to haul around.
But what works for others may not work for you. But please listen to the experience talking here. No warmers and slicks are a big waste of money and a disaster waiting. If you have done it and survived you are LUCKY!
If you have a generator that works well and is reasonable,, that info is awesome. Honda's are the best, but they are not cheap. So get something that will allow you to ride more and accommodate your needs. But always,,always,, no matter what, have a plan B, and even a plan C. Work to be an asset to your friends so they will be there when you need help. Liabilities are a dime a dozen!

There are some lightly used Champion 2000 inverters on Kijiji for under 500$ so I might consider those.

When did the price of these things go through the roof? I paid $449 new from Costco about 3-4 years ago. Its never given me any issues.

When did the price of these things go through the roof? I paid $449 new from Costco about 3-4 years ago. Its never given me any issues.

If anyone was looking for Champion Invertor you might want to wait for a better price Mid April. If you can wait for a great deal, hold off to Mid July.

What happens then????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everyone's learned their lesson and is selling them to buy a yamaha or honda

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by architectThere are some lightly used Champion 2000 inverters on Kijiji for under 500$ so I might consider those.

why do you think they are for sale ?????? ever wonder

^Because they've been brainwashed by GTAM into thinking they're junk/loud/going to catch fire??

At Costco?

That's where I got mine and I'm 99% sure I paid $550.

So a nice set of BICKLE warmers and a generator for less than a Honda/Yamaha. Food for thought for the budget conscious.

I've been following the Champion Inverter reviews since they first came out. They seem to be a very good value.

I'll check out the sale in July. Hopefully the 3000 watt inverter goes on sale too.

Back
Top Bottom