Where did you ride today? - New rider version | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where did you ride today? - New rider version

I brieflly owned a GSXR750 10 years ago when i lived up north.
I have been riding dirt for 10 years.

Last edited:
I brieflly owned a GSXR750 10 years ago when i lived up north.
I have been riding dirt for 10 years.

oh, you are over qualified then. no group rides for you...

lol! kidding! check out the meet up and hookup section. they have weekly meet ups and group rides. what bike do you have? welcome to check out the thread "250 riding group".

LOL I know how to handle a bike, I just need to learn how to handle the traffic, ummm F'ing cager's as lots on here reffer to them.
i figure riding with someone that know city riding could teach me some valuble leasons.
I ride a Ninja 650R now.

LOL I know how to handle a bike, I just need to learn how to handle the traffic, ummm F'ing cager's as lots on here reffer to them.
i figure riding with someone that know city riding could teach me some valuble leasons.
I ride a Ninja 650R now.

you bike is the one on your avatar pic? nice! where do you live? you could come to leslie and lakeshore tonight. it's every thursday night.

Yes that's my ride, I live Avenue road and 401, and I can't ride at night yet, I have to get my M2 still.
such a pain, I had my M2 for the 5 year period and missed the dealine to test for M by 4 months.

do you guys do weekend rides?

Yesterday I did a circuit around the city running errands. Starting at Pacific Mall, across Steeles to YorkU, down Bathurst downtown, then east into East York, then back home. Woo, productivity!

last night i went to the infamous burrito boyz meet up! i had lots of fun and a very good burrito.

my first time solo on highway and i'm very proud of myself! a trucker and a biker gave me thumbs up and it makes me feel so cool! lol!

Lool I got super powers on the bike now. Just kidding the passenger had the ice cap next time will try taking a pizza lmao

Good job I wanna try taking the highway i keep thinking of doing it but then I get nervous since its a 125 and I'm a newbie lol

Good job I wanna try taking the highway i keep thinking of doing it but then I get nervous since its a 125 and I'm a newbie lol

If you want to get more comfortable on the highway what helped me ease into it was just getting on it for a few exits at a time while I got used to the wind/noise. Typically Saturday/Sunday mornings are great times as they don't involve much traffic so you can focus with less cars around. Plus on a weekend morning you can do the entire city in one big loop before 8am and you're pretty much guaranteed very few cars...401/DVP/Gardiner/427.

EDIT: I've done the highway many times on my 125...honestly I've never had an issue. It's slow getting up above 110/120 but shouldn't be much of an issue up to cruising speed.

last night i went to the infamous burrito boyz meet up! i had lots of fun and a very good burrito.

my first time solo on highway and i'm very proud of myself! a trucker and a biker gave me thumbs up and it makes me feel so cool! lol!

Awww I missed it - I hope you're going to be going to the big bash next week! Congratulations on your first solo highway ride!!! :)

i wanna try doing that one morning ya cbr takes time to get to 100 i was thinking of just doing 80-90 early morning on the highway but still not sure if i will be able to hopefully i will get the courage one day and just do it ;)

If you want to get more comfortable on the highway what helped me ease into it was just getting on it for a few exits at a time while I got used to the wind/noise. Typically Saturday/Sunday mornings are great times as they don't involve much traffic so you can focus with less cars around. Plus on a weekend morning you can do the entire city in one big loop before 8am and you're pretty much guaranteed very few cars...401/DVP/Gardiner/427.

EDIT: I've done the highway many times on my 125...honestly I've never had an issue. It's slow getting up above 110/120 but shouldn't be much of an issue up to cruising speed.

Last Wed took QEW to Hamilton, bought a touring windscreen, installed I, then took QEW / 407 / 401 / 20 / 720 to downtown Montreal. Wow, a proper windscreen rocks for highway riding!! (My OEM is tiny.)

Back
Top Bottom