Where did you ride today? - New rider version | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where did you ride today? - New rider version

Last Saturday, we did this route: http://goo.gl/maps/qKfR1 towards Algonquin, including 507, led by Afelotreyu.

It was my: 1. first long trip: around 400km. 2. first big group ride: 10 bikes. 3. first fast speed trip: average 100-120 kph.

My conclusions of riding a long group ride as a newbie are:

1. members in the group are very important... all the members in my group are very nice, considerate, helpful, patient and experienced. Everyone knew that I'm a newbie and constantly checked up on me and gave me tips. when we were doing 507, they were ahead of me riding much faster. I was at the back and riding at 100 at my own pace. at the end of the road, they were all patiently waiting. And they fixed my plate during the trip. :) nice people wouldn't intidate you by making you feel too slow or you are dragging/inconveniencing them.

2. a great lead is very important... Andres did a great job leading and was very protective/thoughtful. He made sure that every member was clear that there's a newbie in the group, hence the speed wont be faster than 120kph, and there will be stops/breaks around every 75/100 km. He also explained in details of all the signals and rules in group riding.

3. know your limit and comfort zone. don't pressure yourself to keep up with the experienced ones and the bigger bikes, especially on twisties.

I will add more thoughts when I think of more, and welcome to chime in if you have any tips/experience to share to other newbies about long group rides.

today i took the dvp down to the lake and then followed lakeshore out to oakville to show off my new bike to a jealous friend.
on the way home i "considered" :rolleyes: :wink: taking the qew, 403, 401 to beat rush hour'
a little warm in all my protective gear but a fun trip for me.
cargo

Today I rode to Fairview Mall during rush hour then did a trip up to Markville Mall. Didn't buy anything and was sweating buckets the whole ride. Was a good trip to test how well I could handle more dense traffic.

401 East from Black Creek to Brock Road in Pickering and back. Pickering is very quiet o-o

Went to Fairview Mall again to see a movie. Then up to 16th/bayview for a afternoon bbq with some friends. Surprised that so many things are open today. Practice practice practice woo!

IMG_20120806_1052151.jpg

Home.

Last edited:
This afternoon, 1st time 2up: first with wife, then daughter #1 & daughter #2. Oh damn, now the kids have tasted motorbike!

Late night run to relax: across Bloor W, down Yonge, then Lakeshore West to Liberty Village, then Gardner to west Islington & back to Spadina and home. Quiet and a lot of nasty stink of garbage downtown tonight :-(

Think I might ride back to Montreal next week, this time with a lot more highway time (last time was M1).

​What's an "lnl"? Sorry for the noob question.

My very first LnL tonight!

I was told that there weren't a lot of bikes there today cuz of the weather, but I was still very impressed by so many bikes and bikers! I felt like a kid in a candy store! New riders definitely should check it out sometime.

We took Bayview down and it was really nice. It's absolutely nothing to experienced riders but I was telling myself: nice twisties! lol! lmao at myself!

By the way, after I passed the "doing 40 feels like flying" phase, I found out that it's really easy to go over the speed limit on local roads. it's just the matter of rolling the throttle... a lot of times i wasn't even doing it on purpose and when i looked down, it was already 80/90... a very dangerous pattern... but nice prep for riding on highway i guess...

Anyways, it was very nice to finally go out there and meet some of the riders from GTAM. I will definitely go back when the weather is nice! lol! wanna see how many bikes that parking lot can accomodate.

Rode to woodbine beach/ashbridges bay yesterday to play some vball. Plenty of bikes there meeting up.

Rode to woodbine beach/ashbridges bay yesterday to play some vball. Plenty of bikes there meeting up.

did the exactly same thing 3 weeks ago. I should go there more often since the summer is ending soon... *big sigh*

Rode nowhere for the first day since I got my bike. So sad that the weather was crappy when I got home from work. Gotta make up for it when it clears up!

PMALL. Went to get some LED bulbs cause mine burnt out. Didn't even make it to the intersection. And it was jam packed. I'll head there again tomorrow. Worst drivers in that area, honestly.

Today I got my m2 and had an exam at night so I decided to ride to school. First I went picked up my friend from roncy/dundas west dropped her to college. Then went to school took Bathurst all the way up to finch av. It was pretty packed and annoying riding in the rush hour but on the way back it was amazing even though it was raining a bit and the streets were a bit cracked but empty did almost 80 on Bathurst then slowed down so I won't get caught lol. It was my first fun night ride yaaay

Did my first group ride yesterday w/ a great small group of forum members in Markham.

Today, I got dragged out by my photographer friend who wanted to take some pics of my bike.

Today I got my m2 and had an exam at night so I decided to ride to school. First I went picked up my friend from roncy/dundas west dropped her to college. Then went to school took Bathurst all the way up to finch av. It was pretty packed and annoying riding in the rush hour but on the way back it was amazing even though it was raining a bit and the streets were a bit cracked but empty did almost 80 on Bathurst then slowed down so I won't get caught lol. It was my first fun night ride yaaay

Congrats girl!!! Be safe!

Did my first group ride yesterday w/ a great small group of forum members in Markham.

Today, I got dragged out by my photographer friend who wanted to take some pics of my bike.

Group rides are fun!!! I love doing group rides!

Back
Top Bottom